Whisper Hallow Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whisper Hallow Academy

Welcome to Whisper Hallow Academy, The Boarding High School of your Dreams!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Remember to put all your creations into a Completed Character topic!
Once your Completed Character has been approved you may begin RPing!

Common Room

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
indie_ninja

indie_ninja

Common Room Empty
PostSubject: Common Room   Common Room I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 2:53 pm

Caroline sighed heavily, frowning as she looked over her notes yet again. She was desperately trying to pull together her lesson plans for the next couple of days and, frankly, failing miserably. She chewed on her pen and flicked through the folder balanced on her crossed legs.
"...oh, Lord. They'll have died of boredom by the end of it," she groaned to herself, running her hand through her hair and scowling. She leant back on the armchair she was sat on, shutting her eyes and sighing once more. All around her there were scattered bits of paper covered in crossed out diagrams, tables and huge chunks of Caroline's own sprawling handwriting.
"Serves me right, I suppose," she grumbled quietly. "Should have done this weeks ago..." She cursed herself again for that tedious aspect of her personality that pushed her to ignore any kind of deadline she might have until the very last moment - despite years spent writing essays at god-awful o'clock in the morning or begging teachers for extensions on her homework deadlines, she simply hadn't learnt her lesson.
She sat there for another moment or so, praying quietly that somehow, when she finally did open her eyes, the work will have magically done itself for her.
Back to top Go down
Herl

Herl

Common Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common Room   Common Room I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:33 pm

"Well, that's messy." Herl entered slowly through the door while looking at the other girl's mess. "Are you sure you're a teacher?"

Herl smiled and sat in one of the couchs while looking at her, an interesting girl indeed, looking way too young like to be a teacher, but truth was that Herl looked too young too. He then took out his iPhone from his pocket and checked facebook, but there was nothing interesting since the last time he checked it, just three minutes ago, but it was a habit he didn't want to remove.

"Classes haven't even started and already stressed out?" He asked his fellow teacher in the other side of the room. "The students are the one we need to stress, not ourselves!"
Back to top Go down
indie_ninja

indie_ninja

Common Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common Room   Common Room I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:28 pm

Caroline turned to look at the newcomer, pen still dangling from her mouth. She broke into an apologetic smile, taking the pen with her hand and twisting in her seat to face Herl properly. "Sorry," she said in a quiet voice. "It's just..." She waved her hand vaguely at the piles of paper and shrugged.

She pushed her ring-binder off her lap and onto the floor, and turned fully round in her seat to kneel up and look at Herl properly. She wondered to herself if he realised quite how much he resembled a snowman in his all-white outfit, albeit a very tall and skinny one. She had to stop herself from laughing when the thought popped into her head

"Trying to figure out a lesson plan that won't bore the kids to death," she said quickly, suppressing the thought as much as possibly. It probably wouldn't be a great idea for her to start laughing at her colleagues before she'd even gotten to know them properly. "My name's Caroline, by the way," she said, holding out a hand. "It's my first year here."
Back to top Go down
Herl

Herl

Common Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common Room   Common Room I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:20 pm

"Well, it's my first year everywhere." Herl replied at Caroline. "And my name's Herl."

Trying to be a little more comfortable in his seat Herl moved a little but it was no good, he was tired and sleepy after the hours of travel he had to arrive there. He could have taken a plane, yes, or an helicopter, but man, riding his new car was a guilty pressure he enjoyed. At least he was finally over with all the paper work of being hired and his apartment's one was already done, so he could just leave the school now, and it was probably the best idea, but socializing... Herl needed to socialize.

"I personally create the lessons plans on the go. Well, to be honest, I don't, but I'm gonna. I mean, I think it'll all work better like that. Plus you never know what kind of students you'll get, and if they're lazy or too good, it will mess up you scheduled lessons plans. And as a second plus, what a headache making one!" Herl said in a quick burst before finally letting out a clear smile and a soft laugh.
Back to top Go down
indie_ninja

indie_ninja

Common Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common Room   Common Room I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 1:15 pm

Caroline looked down at her notes, thinking about what Herl had just said. After a moment, she smiled. "You know, you're right! Anyway, I reckon I've got enough here to be going on with. Excellent attitude!" she laughed, shutting the folder and collected her sheets of paper into more or less organised piles.

"So, seriously, this is your first teaching job?" she asked as she tidied up. "It's my third. Seems nice - I've never worked at a boarding school though." She shoved her work onto the floor and sat back in her chair. "It'll be a bit weird, I think, living here - do you reckon there's much to do around here? I didn't see a lot of the town when I was driving through."

It was true - Growler had been especially badly behaved when she was driving up to the school, and the last leg of the long trip from New York to the school had almost been the end of the poor little car. Caroline's attention had been almost completely taken up making sure Growler kept running, she'd been far too focussed to look at the place she was driving through.
Back to top Go down
Herl

Herl

Common Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common Room   Common Room I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 4:55 pm

"Yeah, I just graduated like a semester ago... Then my 'Hell yeah I graduated, let's party' semester away from all responsabilities and now, I'm here!" He smiled as he saw Caroline arrange her papers. "But to be honest I don't know how different will a boarding school be from a normal high school. I never knew high school very well anyways but that's a story for another moment."

As Caroline asked him about the places to go in town or things to do in town, Herl couldn't help to check his facebook on iPhone once again, a couple of notifications but nothing really important or interesting. Ang again, following the force of habit, he changed his status and then placed his cellphone in the pocket once again.

"Well, I don't know the town that well to be honest, but would you believe me if I tell you that the only two interesting places I saw in my drive here was an amusement park and a sex shop not far away from it?" Herl let a soft laugh out a bit. "Honestly, two good places to keep the fun going."
Back to top Go down
indie_ninja

indie_ninja

Common Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common Room   Common Room I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 4:10 am

"Great - I love amusement parks," she said with a wink. She picked a little imaginary lint off her jacket and yawned. She was knackered, but then, she was usually knackered - a lifetime spent reading until 2 in the morning had left with a body-clock that simply refused to understand that most people needed rather more than 5 hours sleep to be a fully functioning human being. As a result, even when she tried to get a decent night's sleep she found herself lying awake until the early hours.

"What's that thingy you keep taking out?" she said at last, nodding at Herl's iPhone. She'd never been especially technologically minded, and most of the last few years advancements in phones and MP3 players and the like had totally passed her by. "Is it like a cell phone or something?" Caroline's own cell was as old as her car - it texted, phoned and played Snake Two. What more could a girl need?
Back to top Go down
Herl

Herl

Common Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common Room   Common Room I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 7:34 am

"Well, sadly, more than my cellphone it's my life." He smiled a little. "Bit addicted to facebook here, and iPhone applications are pretty neat, and since there's free wireless internet in the school grounds..."

He took a slow breath. Internet had always been a huge part in Herl's life, he loved it in so many ways since it was the best way to communicate with all his friends all over the world pretty much at the same time, and gave him the opportunity to meet new people everyday and catch a glimpse at what's going on in other parts of the world and who knows, catch bigh parties here and there time to time.

"So hey, we should go to the amusement park! Perhaps before classes start?" An idea sprung to Herl's mind. "Do you know any other teacher? We should totally schedule an integration for all us to meet before all the rascals, I mean, studends, get here."
Back to top Go down
indie_ninja

indie_ninja

Common Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common Room   Common Room I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 10:52 am

"You can get internet on your cellphone?" said Caroline, amazed. The rest of what Herl had said - iPhone, Facebook, applications - had meant nothing to her, but the off-hand manner which he spoke about them with made her feel that asking what they meant would make her look like she was some kind of idiot.

She shrugged where she sat, stifling another yawn. "Never had much time for the internet, to be honest. I mean, it's useful and all, but it's so..." She shrugged again. "So not-a-person, you know? I like people, I like dealing with them, and the internet takes that element away. It's all about speed and results and getting it done." She punched her left fist into her right hand to emphasise each of the words before pulling herself back and calming down. "Ah, I dunno. Just never took to it, I guess," she finished lamely.
Back to top Go down
Herl

Herl

Common Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common Room   Common Room I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 6:45 pm

"Eh... Well... Yeah that's ok..." Herl had never meant someone so uninterested on technology and he found it extremely weird at times like these, but he decided not to stick his nose where it doesn't belonged. "So what do you think about it, eh? Doing an integration among teachers does not sounds bad, does it?"
Back to top Go down
indie_ninja

indie_ninja

Common Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common Room   Common Room I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 6:13 am

"Sounds like a great idea!" she said enthusiastically. "Sorry, I got a little carried away with myself there," she added, feeling a little embarrassed. "I don't know what the other guys here are like though - I mean they seem nice and all, but I've not really spoken to them properly." She dropped her voice conspiratorally. "Say, do you know that Zack guy at all? He seems a bit... I dunno. A little over interested in the students, if you get my drift?" She paused for a moment, leaving the suggestion to hang in the air. Then she broke the tension by shrugging suddenly and sitting back in her chair. "The vice principle seems nice though - Mr Gant is it? Cute too," she added with a wink.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Common Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Common Room   Common Room I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Common Room
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Whisper Hallow Academy :: Teacher Dormitory :: Common Room-
Jump to: