Whisper Hallow Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whisper Hallow Academy

Welcome to Whisper Hallow Academy, The Boarding High School of your Dreams!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Remember to put all your creations into a Completed Character topic!
Once your Completed Character has been approved you may begin RPing!

Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Scarlet Winchester

Scarlet Winchester

Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team Empty
PostSubject: Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team   Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 12:59 am

Scarlet walked into the gym and dropped all of her stuff on the floor. She hadn't even moved into her dorm yet, and she came to the gym. A typical Scar move. She sat on the ground and put on her basketball shoes. "Well this should be fun." She stood up and grabbed a basketball. The ball glided under her fingertips with a rhythmic movement. Hit, boom, hit, boom, hit, boom... The sound made her smile. She loved basketball.
She began dribbling down the court. Her speed increased as she crossed the half court line. As she reached the three point line, Scarlet shot the ball and swished it. "Three points for Scarlet," she laughed quietly to herself. She continued to shoot around, not missing one shot. She shot from different areas on the court; foul line, three point line, and all the different boxes. Basketball really was her sport. She was passionate about it. She thrived for excellence. Scar would be an asset to any basketball team. "Too bad they don't have a female basketball team..." Scar said to no one but herself as she continued to shoot around.
Back to top Go down
Salix

PostSubject: Re: Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team   Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 3:07 pm

Seb had been walking around nothing with his spare time when he walked past the Gym. The door was slightly ajar and he could hear the tell tale sound of someone playing basketball. From the lack of voices they sounded like they were alone, so he took a sneak peek. What he saw was a girl a fair sight shorter than him with dark hair, sinking past her shoulders. She was dribbling about and taking shots and generally showing off, only there was no one to show off to. Skills. He thought to himself. Then he heard her talk, and decided to reply.
"No, but I hear a Frisbee team might be starting up, and that it'll be multi-gender." this came with a cheerful and informative ring.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Winchester

Scarlet Winchester

PostSubject: Re: Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team   Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 3:20 pm

Scarlet dropped the ball and turned around. She hadn't hear anybody come in. She then shrugged and got the ball and started dribbling again. "I'm not a big frisbee player. Basketball is more my thing." she said this as she swished another shot. Generally people would think Scar was showing off, but in truth she was just that good. She practiced all the time so it was natural for her to excel in basketball.
Back to top Go down
Salix

PostSubject: Re: Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team   Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 3:25 pm

"Fair enough." It was rather evident that Basketball was more her thing. And she could have at least given Seb the common courtessy to look at him. Oh well, she was focused, and Seb knew all to well what some sporty people could be like while they were 'in the zone'. He walked in. "Want to play a little one on one?" he asked in a friendly a way as he could. He wasn't really dressed for it, wearing his usual gear, but he'd give it his best. "Can't say I'll present much of a chalange though." he added.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Winchester

Scarlet Winchester

PostSubject: Re: Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team   Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 5:30 pm

Scarlet turned around and looked at the boy. Her blues eyes were bright as they looked him over. "Hmm... Sure I guess we can play." She smiled at him and started dribbling around again. "So you playing in that or.. you wanna change first?" Scar asked as she took a shot.
Back to top Go down
Salix

PostSubject: Re: Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team   Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 3:14 pm

Seb gave himself a quick look over. "Nah, this'll be fine." most of his clothes were usually okay for exercise, he never wore anything uncomfortable. As he jogged over to join her he asked "We're playing this half-court then, I take it." As he traversed the floor he threw his hat to one side, pulled a hair band off his wrist and tied his hair back.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Winchester

Scarlet Winchester

PostSubject: Re: Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team   Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 3:30 pm

Scar laughed, "Half court? I'd assume a guy like you could do full court but if you think you can't handle it.." Scarlet flipped her hair down and tied it up in a messy bun.
Back to top Go down
Salix

PostSubject: Re: Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team   Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 4:18 pm

Humility was one of Sebs virtues, so he didn't have much trouble not stepping to the challenge. "It's not that I can't do it, it's just that I'd rather not." Slovenliness, however, was one of his worse sins. As the girl tied up her hair Seb took the opertunity to snatch the ball away. Within moments he was gone, bouncing the ball a few times as he took huge strides towards the net. As he came next to it he jumped, shooting for the net. He did it more by just lifting and letting go of the ball than by actually thorwing it, it was his preffered type of shot. "Outside the three pointer before scoring again, I take it." he said, getting a hold of the ball again.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Winchester

Scarlet Winchester

PostSubject: Re: Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team   Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 4:35 pm

"Hey! We haven't even started yet. Scar raised an eyebrow at the boy. "I'm Scarlet by the way. And you are?" She smiled at him. She ran to the other end of the court and took the ball, dribbling it around as she waited for an answer.
Back to top Go down
Salix

PostSubject: Re: Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team   Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 5:09 pm

"I'm Seb." he said, walking to the centre of the three point line. "So let's start."
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Winchester

Scarlet Winchester

PostSubject: Re: Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team   Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 6:02 pm

Scarlet passed him the ball and stood there waiting for him to pass it back. "Check it."
Back to top Go down
Salix

PostSubject: Re: Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team   Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 6:05 pm

Seb passed it back and moved towards Scarlet, he spread his legs a little and stretched out his arms, ready to block a throw or move to block her path at any moment.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Winchester

Scarlet Winchester

PostSubject: Re: Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team   Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 6:10 pm

Scarlet caught the ball and began dribbling. She held her left arm out as a protector of the ball while she dribbled with her right hand. She used quick footing to get around him as she headed towards the basket, full speed.
Back to top Go down
Salix

PostSubject: Re: Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team   Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 6:17 pm

A hand shot out to knock the ball but missed as Scarlet shot passed Seb. The two of them ran down the pitch neck and neck. As they neared the net, Seb got ready to jump.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Winchester

Scarlet Winchester

PostSubject: Re: Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team   Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 6:21 pm

Scarlet stopped abruptly and watched as Seb ran past her. She took the shot and made she sure she followed through. The ball swished into the net as Scar shrugged. "Good hustle."
Back to top Go down
Salix

PostSubject: Re: Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team   Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 6:26 pm

Ignoring the comment Seb grabbed the ball and headed for the three pointer line at a 45 degree angle to the back wall and prepared to take a shot from where he stood.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Winchester

Scarlet Winchester

PostSubject: Re: Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team   Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 9:52 am

Scarlet turned and took off towards Seb. If he was going to shoot from there, she was either going to steal the ball or rebound his shot. Either way, Scarlet had confidence she would score again.
Back to top Go down
Salix

PostSubject: Re: Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team   Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 11:46 am

Taking his time, but being aware there was an opponenet coming towards him at great speed Seb took the shot, throwing the ball at the corner of the red square. He could throw things well, but often foun himself troubled by the extra dimensions involved in shooting into a net, this technique usually eliminated said trouble. The moment the ball left his hands Seb followed after it, ready for the rebound if he missed or to get straight onto Scarlet's case if she got their first.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Winchester

Scarlet Winchester

PostSubject: Re: Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team   Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 9:35 pm

Scarlet jumped up for the ball just as Seb reached her. They collided together, sending them to the floor and the ball soaring across the court. Scarlet laughed, not even trying to get up. She had landed on top of him, she was facing him. "Sorry.. about.. that," she said between laughs.
Back to top Go down
Salix

PostSubject: Re: Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team   Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 10:36 am

"Waugh!" discovering that your legs aren't underneath you is rarely a pleasant experience, especially when you do it the hard way. However, doing this and having someone land on top of you will usually make things worse, unless, for example, you have a crush on them or they're not particularly heavy. Now Scarlet wasn't as you might describe light, but she was far from heavy. She was also rather attractive, and while Seb had only just met her and had not really had enough time to make that kind of bond there was definately something going on in his head to that agenda.
"No problem." Seb winced. He'd landed with all his and Scarlet weight spread between his elbow and his behind, and being quite boney didn't make it a pleasant experience. Rather than doing anything about their current position Seb decided just to lie there in pain and wait for Scarlet to get off. He'd have been lying if he'd said he hadn't, on some level, enjoyed the experience.

OOC: The last line of the first paragraph, I went through a fair few sentances along the lines of 'something growing between them' before I found one that isn't rude. Not sure wether you wanted to know that, but I find it amusing...
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Winchester

Scarlet Winchester

PostSubject: Re: Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team   Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 11:24 am

Scarlet stood up and held a hand out to him. She was smiling as a thought crossed her mind He's kinda cute now that I think of it... Maybe... She waited patiently for him to take her hand so she could help him up.
Back to top Go down
Salix

PostSubject: Re: Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team   Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 2:59 pm

Many guys would have too much pride to take someone's hand in this kind of situation. Seb was not one of those guys. He took Scarlet's hand, looking up into her eyes as he did so. They were nice eyes, though they weren't enchanting and they didn't sparkle. It was kind of releaving for Seb, actually, because that would have been really cliche.
"Thanks." he said as he accepted the help.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet Winchester

Scarlet Winchester

PostSubject: Re: Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team   Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 9:31 pm

Scarlet smiled at him, "No problem. And how about we call the game a tie," she offered. The crash between the two had made her slightly sore, so she wasn't up for playing anymore basketball.
Once he was standing straight up on his own, Scarlet released his hand. "You're pretty good, Seb." She nodded approvingly.
Back to top Go down
Salix

PostSubject: Re: Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team   Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 4:15 am

"Sounds good." he said, also not in the best of states, and then in reply to her compliment "Not as good as you, I'd wager." Seb wandered over to retrieve the ball and chucked it into the near by supply cupboard and closed the door.
"Play again some time?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team   Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Too Bad This School Doesn't have a Female Basketball Team
Page 1 of 1