Whisper Hallow Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whisper Hallow Academy

Welcome to Whisper Hallow Academy, The Boarding High School of your Dreams!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Remember to put all your creations into a Completed Character topic!
Once your Completed Character has been approved you may begin RPing!

Just desserts (Open)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Louise Hoobs

Louise Hoobs

Just desserts (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Just desserts (Open)   Just desserts (Open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 6:41 am

Louise sighed to herself as she glanced at the lunch menu today, and searched for the vegetarian option. As she suspected, it was salad, yet again, the only other options were steak and vegetables, or shepherd's pie. She took the usual salad bowl, and a bottle of water, yet paused at the dessert option. She glared at the various cakes on offer, wondering whether to take a slice or not. Reminiscing from what people had said to her previously, she daren't take a slice.

Should weigh about 8 stone to be healthy at that height...

Severely underweight...

She'd show them...if she could help it. She went through the available choices:

" The chocolate cake- smothered in sprinkles, so bound to have geletin"

" The honey cake- it's honey... from bees, so no thanks..."

" The apple pie- Is that...marshmallows I see?"

" The sponge cake- I guess I can eat that...?"

Louise eventually took the sponge cake, and took a chair closest to the window, where nobody else was sat, beginning to eat.

Last edited by Louise Hoobs on Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salix

PostSubject: Re: Just desserts (Open)   Just desserts (Open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 8:12 am

In line in the cafeteria Seb was getting his lunch. It was the usual stuff, nothing special. He decided to go for steak & veg for his main, got a drink of apple juice but was held up for his dessert by a girl muttering to herself about one to get. She didn't take too long, so it was okay. One muttering he picked up on was the gelatin in the chocolate cake. Seb was quite partial to chocolate cake so he figued he'd enquire, and as it happened there was no geletin in it. Sound. he thought to himself. He'd always got on well with the cafetaria staff, being polite and complementing their food, and so got a rather large slice.
Turning to walk to his usual table he noticed the girl had beaten him to it. Damn it, that's my table. It's a window seat and everything. Then it occured to Seb, if she was sitting on her own the chances were that she was one of the unpopular kids, like him. And one thing ran true with most unpopular kids, they were accepting of other unpopular kids, even if they didn't get on very well, so he figured taking a seat next to her wouldn't go too badly. He walked over to the table and sat down.
"Anyone sitting here?"
Back to top Go down
Louise Hoobs

Louise Hoobs

PostSubject: Re: Just desserts (Open)   Just desserts (Open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 8:59 am

Startled by the voice, Loise looked up, taking a quick glance at the figure before her. She paused before replying,
"Not as far as I'm concerned..."
She sat up straight now, taking in his appearance fully- she swore he stood behind her in the dinner queue merely seconds ago, but tried not to notice she'd recognized him. She began wondering why anyone here would wish to sit with her. They never did at her previous school, so why here? Confounded, she couldn't think of anything to say, she needed to think faster,
"So...do you um, enjoy it here? It's a lot bigger than I expected."
She raised the bottle to her mouth, sipping only a tiny amount, before setting it down again. Why couldn't she make cunning conversations, and make witty remarks? Being unsociable from a young age, she expected the boy to make up an excuse and eat elsewhere...it wouldn't have been the first time that had happened.

Last edited by Louise Hoobs on Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salix

PostSubject: Re: Just desserts (Open)   Just desserts (Open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:22 am

That was certainly an odd way to phrase the reply "no". Seb thought to himself. After that his thoughts returned mostly to his table. He liked that table and had sat at it almost every day of last year and every day so far this year. This meant that when the girl asked him a question he put it in context with the table, which made it very confusing. His face expressed this. There was an akward moment of silence before he figured it out.
"Oh, right, yeah. Of course. Um, yeah, it's cool. Pretty much like any other boarding school, I guess." He'd been cuting up his steak as he said this and as he finished he stuffed it into his mouth. Etiquette had never been one of his strong points. "I'm Seb, by the way." he said, shoving the steak into his cheek to talk.
Back to top Go down
Louise Hoobs

Louise Hoobs

PostSubject: Re: Just desserts (Open)   Just desserts (Open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:08 am

Louise didn't seem to notice the silence, as she was already absorbed in her personal thoughts at the time.

She prodded her carrots a little, and forked up some lettuce to her mouth, slowly chewing. She looked up again at Seb, having no idea what to do next, so looked out the window.
"The snow looks so...amazing on the trees"

Last edited by Louise Hoobs on Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Salix

PostSubject: Re: Just desserts (Open)   Just desserts (Open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:35 am

Seb didn't really see anything wrong with the name Emily, not cottoning on to what she had meant. Still, if she prefered to be called Emma then Emma is what he would call her. There was another pause and the two of them carried on eating, neither particularly good conversationalists.
"Uh, yeah. I prefer watching it fall, but it is kind'a cool in the trees like that." Snow was only so great after it had settled, it was while it was in motion when it became interesting. Be that as it falls or via snowball or whatever else. Speaking of snowballs, there was a bunch of Senior year football players some distance away out the window. They noticed Seb and recognised him. The Football team here didn't like Seb as he was the younger brother of the old star quarter back, had an amazing throw and yet didn't want to be on the team. A few of them gathered some snow together and launched it at the window. The first three missed which alerted Seb to their pressance, the fourth one hitting the window closer to Emma than it was to it's target. Seb ignored them, it was usually the best plan.
Back to top Go down
Louise Hoobs

Louise Hoobs

PostSubject: Re: Just desserts (Open)   Just desserts (Open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 12:18 pm

Noticing the noise as it hit the window, Louise turned her head towards the cause. She rolled her eyes casually, and muttered,
"Idiots"
After a few more smashed against the window, she groaned. Noticing the slightly disturbed look on Seb's face, she asked if he knew them per chance, as surely they couldn't just be doing it for no reason. Two more snowballs hit the top of the glass, sliding down. The snickering rang in her head.
"Would you like to move table...?"

Last edited by Louise Hoobs on Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salix

PostSubject: Re: Just desserts (Open)   Just desserts (Open) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 1:28 pm

"Kind of." he said in answer, but to her second question the reply was much fuller. "Nah, giving them a reaction will just make them think they've won. It's better to ignore them. Besides, this is my table, I always sit here."
Back to top Go down
Louise Hoobs

Louise Hoobs

PostSubject: Re: Just desserts (Open)   Just desserts (Open) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 2:14 am

Shrugging her shoulders, Louise continued eating, having only a few tomatoes, and carrots left to eat. She casually glanced at Seb's plate, he'd almost finished too.
"Where do you know them from? I mean, like, you've been here longer than me, right? I'll understand if you don't tell me- it's not really any of my business..."

Last edited by Louise Hoobs on Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cecilla Izayoi

Cecilla Izayoi

PostSubject: Re: Just desserts (Open)   Just desserts (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 4:08 am

With her heavy, overfilled lunchbox stuffed into her teddy backpack, and lunch tray carefully grasped in her hands, Cecilla looked around the cafeteria trying to find a place to sit;
"Nyaww... every table is taken...! I should have just gone to sit outside to eat my bento... But..."
Her tummy grumbled loudly, so much that a few students looked around at her and gave her some odd looks. Maybe this place wouldn't turn out to be how she had hoped, but she had to persevere! It was only her first day, after all. She sighed heavily and took a bite out of a slice of apple pie whilst still standing. Looking towards the tables near the window, she noticed two students sitting together, a bright blonde haired boy and girl, both quite thin, and both definitely looked taller than her.
"Maybe... I could sit with them? Oh, they look pretty much finished, and then I'll get a table aaaaalllll to myself!"
As she began walking over, a thought crossed her mind;
"What if they're... together??! Oh noes, I'm almost there now, and they're probbie gonna hate me for busting in on their private lunchtime... It's probbie why no-one else is sitting with them, too. Nyaww... Ceci, you idiot! Okies, just stay calm, think; What would Tony Stark do? ...Aw geez, I'm not Iron Man... Okies, what about Peter Parker? Yes!"
"Peter Parker!"
After she had said "Peter Parker" in her squeaky, enthusiastic voice quite loudly, she realised she had been standing behind the blonde boy since she began thinking about Iron Man...
Back to top Go down
Louise Hoobs

Louise Hoobs

PostSubject: Re: Just desserts (Open)   Just desserts (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 7:36 am

Louise looked up, upon hearing the words "Peter Parker", noticing the girl stood right behind Seb.
She looks about my age... perhaps she's new too? she pondered to herself, thinking of something to say to the girl.
"Hi...um...may I help you?"
Louise couldn't help but stare at the girl's pink hair whilst saying this, she usually thought dyed hair looked quite unnatural on people, and that it's best to keep their normal hair colour, although it really seemed to suit the girl.

Last edited by Louise Hoobs on Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cecilla Izayoi

Cecilla Izayoi

PostSubject: Re: Just desserts (Open)   Just desserts (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 7:59 am

Surprised, Cecilla laughed nervously trying to gather her thoughts, then set her rather full lunch tray on the table and did the same with her backpack, which made a "thud" as it hit the table and even made it wobble slightly.
"I'm... Cecilla Patchouli Izayoi... and... I'm kinda a newbie here, this is my first day, heehee...", she said shyly as she quickly and politely bowed to the boy and girl, quickly remembering the advice the leader of the guild she was a member of on a MMO she played. "It's very nice to meet you!" she smiled brightly, "Though I-I uberly hope I wasn't interrupting anything... a-and I hope you guys don't think I'm intruding. I mean, you look almost done with your lunchies anyways nya! So would it be okies if I sat here so I can eat my lunchies? Pretty pretty please?" Cecilla's speech was nervous and all over the place, she wasn't used to talking to those she'd never met before and she couldn't help but notice the girl was looking at her hair, "oh noes... did i forget to brush it again??". Her tummy grumbled again, but more quieter this time, and tears almost started welling up in her eyes as she looked to the floor, "...Mr. Tummy is really hungry, too... I'll be real quiet if you let me sit here~ I-I pinky promise I won't get in the way...".
Back to top Go down
Louise Hoobs

Louise Hoobs

PostSubject: Re: Just desserts (Open)   Just desserts (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 8:13 am

Louise burst into a fit of giggles, despite her best effort of holding it in- "Mr.Tummy" was such an awesome name. she thought to herself.
"Really? This is my first day too! Oh.. I'm Louise...and it's a pleasure to meet you too...this is Seb"
She grinned at Cecilla.

Last edited by Louise Hoobs on Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cecilla Izayoi

Cecilla Izayoi

PostSubject: Re: Just desserts (Open)   Just desserts (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 8:40 am

"Oh noes... she's laughing at me... But she doesn't seem to be a meanie, I'm confuzzled... and that guy... he just looks all "whooooosh"... in his own lil world..." Cecilla pondered to herself, "if she's new... mebbe we could be newbie buddies? Like, setting off from the starter village out into the world to fight monsters and complete quests!".
"So... Emma san and Seb sempai...?" Cecilla said to herself and then looked up, "Emma is a nice name! And so is Seb! I hope we can get along nya!", she smiled as she took another bite out of her apple pie. "Emma san, do you know your way around this place yet?" she inquired, taking another small bite of apple pie.
Back to top Go down
Louise Hoobs

Louise Hoobs

PostSubject: Re: Just desserts (Open)   Just desserts (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 8:58 am

Louise, never having experienced Japanese culture, or to that fact, barely anything japanese excluding it's merchandise, made a mental note to herself to research some more, if she was going to become better friends with Cecilla.
"To be honest, I only arrived about an hour ago, Cecilla.....san...? I really don't have a clue where anything is yet, apart from here, and I don't seem to have a dormitory yet. You have any idea...nigh-a?"
Louise really didn't pick up languages particularly well, remembering back to how she always failed french at her old school...

Last edited by Louise Hoobs on Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cecilla Izayoi

Cecilla Izayoi

PostSubject: Re: Just desserts (Open)   Just desserts (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 9:36 am

"Kyuuu... okies, I was just wondering because as soon as I got here earlier I checked in at the office and they gave me my student I.D. and told me to put my things in my dorm, so I followed what they told me, found my dorm, and made it home nya..." she took another bite of pie before talking again; "The problem is, after I finished making myself at home, I smelled food so I ended up here nya. But I don't know my way back to my dorm, or the way to anywhere else... So I'm as lost as you are...".
Cecilla pulled a chair from the table and carefully sat down "Oh! You can call me Cecilla chan! It sounds cuter!" she smiled, pulling different boxes of rice and noodles, and packets of sweets out of her lunchbox and setting them out in front of her. Cecilla's day may be going better than she expected; Emma seemed kind, so she would take this chance to really try to make a proper friend!
Back to top Go down
Louise Hoobs

Louise Hoobs

PostSubject: Re: Just desserts (Open)   Just desserts (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 10:06 am

Louise smiled back, hoping she'd made a better impression than she thought she had on Seb. Louise finished the rest of her salad, finally, now, and looked at her slice of cake. She really was full after the salad, and it seemed she couldn't eat another bite. She set it out in front of her carefully,
"Do you two want any of my cake? I could split it if you want to?"
Whilst waiting for a response, she thought about what "Cecilla chan" had said,
"I checked in at the office and they gave me my student I.D. and told me to put my things in my dorm..."
Louise certainly didn't check in at the office, as nobody was there at the time...that was probably why she didn't yet have a dorm.

Last edited by Louise Hoobs on Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cecilla Izayoi

Cecilla Izayoi

PostSubject: Re: Just desserts (Open)   Just desserts (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 10:22 am

Cecilla looked at Emma's cake, then at her own huge lunch, and then at Emma's cake again. The sponge cake did look pretty delicious, and Cecilla was starving from the journey, "Nya~~ If it's okies with you, Emma san, I would uberly love some! I love sponge cake~!". Maybe Cecilla should make sponge cake when she's settled in; all she was able to cook this morning was some plain onigiri and noodles with oyster sauce and beansprouts- pretty basic, as Cecilla wasn't able to be creative; she had only just moved in after all. There was one thing Cecilla couldn't work out though, and that was how Emma couldn't manage cake after only a measly salad. Well, maybe she was travel sick. One thing was for sure though: Cecilla was travel starving- she could probably eat enough for 4 people.
Back to top Go down
Salix

PostSubject: Re: Just desserts (Open)   Just desserts (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 10:59 am

OOC: I don't want to sound like an arse here, but have either of you heard of forum ettiquette? Like waiting for the people you're RPing with to post so that everyone can keep up?
Or maybe the thing about not controlling other people's characters?
I may as well not be in this topic...
Back to top Go down
Cecilla Izayoi

Cecilla Izayoi

PostSubject: Re: Just desserts (Open)   Just desserts (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 11:38 am

((nya... sorry, at least we didn't leave without you @_@;; and oui, i've heard of ettiquetteness because i run my own forum ><; as far as i can tell, i didn't god-mod here, but if you're getting picky, i apologise lots ;_; sorry if i offended you at all, and i hope you don't hate me now... i'll make it up, somehow ._. ))
Back to top Go down
Salix

PostSubject: Re: Just desserts (Open)   Just desserts (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 11:48 am

OOC: You didn't god-mod, Emma did. I don't hate either of you, I'm just annoyed.
Back to top Go down
Louise Hoobs

Louise Hoobs

PostSubject: Re: Just desserts (Open)   Just desserts (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 11:52 am

OOC: Sorry from me too, I guess I got a bit carried away in the whole thing...I'm a bit of a noob sometimes. If I edit out all the parts "God-Moding" you and wait in future, will you forgive me? >_<'

EDIT:
Edited out all the parts I see unnecessary, and that won't have changed how the scene played out. Sorry again.
Back to top Go down
Cecilla Izayoi

Cecilla Izayoi

PostSubject: Re: Just desserts (Open)   Just desserts (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 12:10 pm

((shall we continue, then? :3 or make another rp elsewhere? i don't mind, so long as we can get along and have fun^^*))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just desserts (Open)   Just desserts (Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just desserts (Open)
Page 1 of 1