Whisper Hallow Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whisper Hallow Academy

Welcome to Whisper Hallow Academy, The Boarding High School of your Dreams!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Remember to put all your creations into a Completed Character topic!
Once your Completed Character has been approved you may begin RPing!

Dinner after 10

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

Dinner after 10 Empty
PostSubject: Dinner after 10   Dinner after 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 9:29 pm

[[Continuing on from this ]]

"Matt" had taken the lead while they were heading to the dorms, since they were heading to his dorm. He knew the route to the dorms as well as he knew the route to the manga shop in Japan and how to avoid the bullies in middle school; it was all embedded in his mind, never to be forgotten.

He entered the boys dormitories, using his student ID, which he always kept in his pocket, to enter the halls. Passing by the game room and the common room, he finally made it to the halls. Turning right, he made his way to room 45. He, again, slid his ID card into the slot, waiting for the light to turn green before opening it.

"Alright, we're here," he said, entering the holding open the door for Richard.

[[OOC: I have to go after this for a few days. Sorry ^^; ]]
Back to top Go down
http://yummi-kun.deviantart.com
Richard Diagon

Richard Diagon

Dinner after 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinner after 10   Dinner after 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 9:45 pm

[OOC: Really? Dang. Well, I recently got some new DS games, so I'll be well occupied until you return.]

"Thanks," Richard said, and entered the dorm.

The first thing that Richard noticed about the dorm was the multitude of lamps. Usually a room would have just one or two, but Matt had several. He pondered this for a second, thinking about the significance of the many lamps. 'Maybe he just likes lamps? Is he collecting them? That's a little strange, collecting lamps. Then again, he could like the light that they provide. Is he afraid of the dark? Is that it?' His thoughts continued in a similar manner as he walked around the dorm, setting his Macbook down on the coffee table.

"This is a nice little place you got set up. Simplistic. I rather like simple. My parents house is much the same way; furnished with just the stuff that you need. I guess it comes from my mother. Traveling around as a gypsy, she needed to have only the stuff she really needed. Looks like it rubbed off on me. But enough of my rambling. Let's see what you have that we could cook."
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

Dinner after 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinner after 10   Dinner after 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 3:48 pm

"Matt" closed the door behind them, leaving it unlocked; this should become a habit now, since people feel uncomfortable if they're locked into a room with another person. Even if this was simply a dorm, it would still be awkward.

He flipped on the light switch, which glowed red in the dark; instantly the entire living room enlightened, the green of the walls brightening the furniture, making everything more apparent.

".. Thanks," he said. He didn't think that anyone would even comment on his dorm; it was simple, yes, but that was just so that he wouldn't bump into anything and end up in a bloodied mess.

He let out a small smile at the suggestion, though he wasn't too happy with cooking again.

"Alright, then, let's go to the kitchen," he said, heading to the room. "There isn't a lot of food there; I haven't been outside yet, though somebody had been kind enough to get me some food. I mostly cook Japanese food, though I do know other dishes."

He turned on the light at the kitchen. He had rice, veggies, some fruits, drinks, basically what any person who actually cook would have. "Do you fancy anything?"
Back to top Go down
Richard Diagon

Richard Diagon

Dinner after 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinner after 10   Dinner after 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 8:17 pm

"Do I fancy anything?" Richard asked slowly, tapping his finger against his chin. What was he in the mood for? To be truthful there wasn't too much that he could think of. Some fruit would be nice. After all, he hadn't any today, and he knew that he needed to have at least a serving to set his mind at ease.

"What kind of fruit do you have?" Richard asked, stepping into the kitchen. 'Japanese food,' he thought, 'It would be nice to have some of that, but would he be willing to cook it this late? I think it would just be better to just have something that doesn't require too much cooking; something that you can just pick up and eat. I think I'll just stick with fruit for now.'
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

Dinner after 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinner after 10   Dinner after 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 1:06 am

Fruit? "Matt" thought, raising his eyebrows in surprise. He wanted fruit out of all things? Usually a guy would crave meat, even if it was late at night, right? For "Matt" himself, he didn't really care; though meat would indeed be nice, he didn't have anything besides some cheap fish, which he was planning to use for breakfast.

Either Richard's being considerate, he's a vegetarian, or I simply don't know. he thought. It could be one of the three, really. Maybe it had to do something with being a gypsy, since Richard mentioned it before, but he really had no right to even think that. He knew close to nothing about gypsies; you really can never count on Disney movies on telling you anything, correct?

"Fruit... Well, I have apples, tangerines, Asian pears.. Oh, and a cucumber." He smiled. Yes, cucumbers are fruits.
Back to top Go down
Richard Diagon

Richard Diagon

Dinner after 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinner after 10   Dinner after 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 9:48 pm

"A cucumber? You mean that a cucumber is a fruit? Huh," Richard said. All his life he had tried to find out the answer to exactly classification the cucumber belonged to. He had asked his parents, and then his friends, and then he just started asking people (It never occurred to him to look it up online or in a book).

"Well, I'll just take an apple then," he said, "So, Matt, what brings you here to Whisper Hallow Academy? For me, I was walking down the hall of my old highschool and I saw an advertisement on the school's bulletin board. Instantly, a feeling swept over me. I knew that Fate was calling to me, and so I took the poster home and showed it to my mom. She too felt the call, but my dad just liked the school itself. So, next thing I know, I'm here."
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

Dinner after 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinner after 10   Dinner after 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:35 pm

"According to Wikipedia, yes," "Matt" answered, nodding. Wikipedia is an answer to everything, correct? Well... No... But the word 'vegetables' is just a culinary turn!

"Alright," he said, opening the refrigerator. Cool air met him, and he opened one of the bottom shelves, getting out a fuji apple. Not the soft, crumply kind; the kind that is so good that it breaks your teeth open if you try to bite it. "Want me to peel it? It won't taste good otherwise." "Matt" got out a Asian pear for himself as well

He listened to Richard talk, though, as he washed the apple and pear in cold water, scrubbing the skin to get any dirt off, before drying them with a paper towel and getting out a fruit knife. He began to peel the Asian pear first, though, because some people don't really like having their large teeth-breaking apples peeled.

"Interesting..." "Matt" replied. So Richard came to this school just from what he thinks is fate? Very interesting. He wondered if he should tell Richard of why he came to the school. He faintly remembered Sarah-Rose's reaction when he told her; it really wasn't that great, and it was a pretty touchy subject (well, not for him, but other people don't know what to say). Well, he is truthful, though, so he answered.

"I decided to start a new life in a private school. We looked through them and they decided that this one was the best one to go to." He didn't specify who 'they' and 'we' were, but he was still telling the truth, wasn't he?

By then he had peeled the Asian pear and chopped it up into equal pieces, laying them out onto a plate.
Back to top Go down
Richard Diagon

Richard Diagon

Dinner after 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinner after 10   Dinner after 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:24 pm

"Give it to me unpeeled. I prefer fuji apples that way," Richard said, grabbing the apple off the counter once Matt was done washing it, "Thank you,"

He listened to Matt explain his reason as he bit into the apple, slowly. He knew what a nice, crisp fuji apple could do to one's teeth. He let it sit in his mouth for a moment, savoring the flavor. He hadn't had a fuji apple quite like this in a long while. In fact, the last time he remembered having one like this was back in 8th grade, and he had shared it with Denice...

He quickly shifted his thoughts. Now was not the time to be thinking about old flames. Well, no time was the time to be thinking about old flames (unless they called you from right outside your house, begging you to come outside so they could castrate you with a rusty knife, but that's a different story for a different day).

"A new life. Sounds good," Richard said. He knew a little about starting over. For the first few years of their marriage, his mom and dad had stayed with the troupe. "So, what's your schedule look like? Maybe we might have some classes together,"

'Man this apple is delicious!' he thought as he took another bite.
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

Dinner after 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinner after 10   Dinner after 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:57 pm

[[OOC: That sounds like an IN-TER-EST-ING story]]

"Matt" gently shook his hands over the sink, splattering the basin with excess water, before using the same paper towel he used to dry the fruits to dry his damp skin.

He sat himself on the counter, about to grab a slice of Asian pear and eat it when Richard asked him another question. He vaguely remembered Sarah-Rose asking him the same thing. Seems like it was a topic that a lot of people talked about, neh? He and Richard were in different grades, though; he doubted they had a lot of classes together.

"Starting from first period.. Free class, Drama, Calculus 1, English Literature, Physics 1, and Creative Writing," he answered, repeating what he had told Sarah-Rose word-by-word. "You?"

The fragrance of his own fruit was beckoning, so he took this chance to bite into the slice of Asian pear. The rough meat of the fruit burst in his mouth, spilling slightly-sweet water onto his tongue. He chewed it thoughtfully, savoring the grainy texture he had hated so much when he was a child.
Back to top Go down
Richard Diagon

Richard Diagon

Dinner after 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinner after 10   Dinner after 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 9:30 pm

[OOC: I'm sure it will be. I really have no clue as to the chain of events that lead up to that.]

"Science, Geometry, Social Studies, Film, English Lit and Dance. Looks like we don't have anything together," Richard said, taking another bit out of his apple.

"You know what we should do tomorrow Matt?" he said around his apple. He chewed and swallowed his bit of apple before he continued, "Instead of just lounging around and doing nothing, you and I should go out on the town and explore all that there is. I haven't been off campus too much, just a couple of times. I've been spending the majority of my weekends just like I've spent today: alone in a quiet place just writing. I think that it's about time that I start getting a little more social, make some more friends. So, what do ya say Matt? Feeling up for spending a day out on the town?"

Richard hoped that Matt would say yes. Even though he knew that he would go regardless of Matt's decision, but it would just be better to go out on the town with a friend.
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

Dinner after 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinner after 10   Dinner after 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:38 pm

"Matt" shrugged and ate another slice of Asian pear when he learned that they had no classes together, as he had already expected that. He raised his eyebrows in surprise, though, when Richard asked if they should go out of campus the next day. "Matt" himself had not been out of campus yet, as he couldn't see very well, and he knew he needed help to get out.

If I get out with a guide I can memorize the map around town and finally gain the ability to go out on my own! he instantly realized. If he could get out on his own, he can finally buy more food for more dishes, and maybe even some candy! It was a perfect opportunity!

"Sure!" he agreed somewhat happily, then realized that they needed to talk to each other someway. He fished his cellphone out of his pocket, tossing it toward Richard. "You have a cellphone, right? If you do go put your number in, and go ahead and put in mine. That way we can know where and when to meet."

Kind of sad the first person he gives his number to in this school is a guy, but he needed to use his cell phone one way or another, right?
Back to top Go down
Richard Diagon

Richard Diagon

Dinner after 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinner after 10   Dinner after 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 4:24 pm

"Awesome!" Richard said, catching Matt's phone. He took his own phone, a Samsung Rant, out of his pocket and threw it to Matt in response. He typed in his number, and saved it as a new contact, Richard Diagon. 'Well, this day just got better, and tomorrow's looking like it's going to increase a level of greatness!' he thought, setting Matt's phone on the counter.

"I think tomorrow is going to be an awesome day Matt. I think it's going to end up being an adventure, exploring new places and such. To tell truth, I was going to go out on the town regardless of your answer, but now that you've decided to come, it makes it all the better!" Richard said, finishing off his apple.
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

Dinner after 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinner after 10   Dinner after 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 4:56 pm

"Matt" throwing phones at people is an okay idea. His aim isn't too bad thanks to basketball. Throwing at phone at "Matt", even if you're really close to him, is probably a bad idea. His hand-eye coordination is awful, but hell it was his fault because he first threw his own phone.

Despite that his face was calm, a lot was going on in his head right now. Like:

It'sheadingtotherightit'sheadingtotherightit'sheadingtotherightOHSHITit'sheadingtotheright!! he mind-panicked, reaching out a hand to catch it.

Stroke of luck, he did NOT break his wonderful Samsung phone. [[OOC: I love Samsung because I'm Korean ]] Letting out a faint sigh of relief, he rapidly typed in his number, saving it as simply "Matt". When he was done he held it out to Richard

What Richard said ended up sounding like the end of an episode of a corny kids show, but that didn't matter to him. He grinned. "Sweet."
Back to top Go down
Richard Diagon

Richard Diagon

Dinner after 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinner after 10   Dinner after 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:26 pm

Richard took his phone back, looking at the number. Cool, he thought to himself. He felt a yawn coming up, and quickly covered his mouth as he did. He looked at his phone again, this time checking the time, and saw that it had gotten late. If he was to go on an adventure tomorrow, he needed to get sufficient rest.

"Well, Matt, it was great meeting you," Richard said, extending his hand, "As soon as I decide where we'll be going, I'll text you with the details. Sound good?"
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

Dinner after 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinner after 10   Dinner after 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:50 pm

Don't you hate it when people extend their hands and you're not sure if they want a high five, a handshake, a fist bump, or something similar to that? Well that's what "Matt" was going through at the moment. If they extend it upward it's a high five, if it's a fist then it's a fist bump, so it can only be..

Again, "Matt" grasped Richard's hand, shook it once, then let go. "Yeah," he agreed.
Back to top Go down
Richard Diagon

Richard Diagon

Dinner after 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinner after 10   Dinner after 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 7:15 pm

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow then Matt," Richard said. "Thank you for the apple!"

He gathered up his things and exited out of Matt's dorm, and head back to his own dorm.

[OOC: Continued here]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dinner after 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinner after 10   Dinner after 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dinner after 10
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Whisper Hallow Academy :: Male Dormitory :: Single Dorm Rooms :: Dorm 45-
Jump to: