Whisper Hallow Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whisper Hallow Academy

Welcome to Whisper Hallow Academy, The Boarding High School of your Dreams!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Remember to put all your creations into a Completed Character topic!
Once your Completed Character has been approved you may begin RPing!

Alone in the masses

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cyra Redfield

Cyra Redfield

Alone in the masses Empty
PostSubject: Alone in the masses   Alone in the masses I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:17 pm

A sweet aroma reached Cyra the moment she entered the cafeteria. The food here wasn't bad, but there was room for improvement. She took her time to choose what she wanted, enough for those in line after her to start complaining. After a long time she went with lasagna.

There was only one table that was empty, the others were nearly filled with other students, all having someone to talk to. Cyra didn't, so she went to the empty table. No one seemed to be joining her either. Well, it was not like she wasn't used to being alone. She took her first bite of her lasagna and started to dream herself away.
Back to top Go down
Yuma Knox

Yuma Knox

PostSubject: Re: Alone in the masses   Alone in the masses I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:32 pm

Yuma looked around the Cafeteria, nervously. She felt exactly like a rabbit caught in the headlights... this was her first meal at Whisper Hallow upon her arrival, afterall... today, being her first day, she didn't have any idea on how the dining-system would go, and before her arrival, her mother had simply persisted upon making her a packed-lunch. Swinging her jet-black lunchbox back and forth, she became more and more nervous,
The longer I stand here gormlessly, the more stupid I look...
Taking a quick glance at the nearest table, she began to notice people staring right at her. Hoping to hurry up and get out of there, she looked around once again, although knowing it would be hopeless. Rows upon rows of children, all around her age-group sat, eating, talking, the usual stuff. Not a single table had a spare seat on... apart from one, which seemed to have a girl sitting alone at it...
Well, here goes.
Walking up to the table, Yuma could see the girl a lot better now, first noticing her rather perculiar hair, which seemed to be a bright red/orange shade, unlike Yuma had never seen before. Trying not to draw attention to the fact that she was staring at her hair too much, she diverted her eyes towards the girl.
Mind if I...um...sit here?
Back to top Go down
Cyra Redfield

Cyra Redfield

PostSubject: Re: Alone in the masses   Alone in the masses I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:45 pm

Cyra was pulled out of her daydreaming by the fact that someone had not only decided to sit at her table, but also didn't ignore her completely as most would. Completely caught off guard the only thing Cyra managed to do was to shake her head.

"Not at all."
The first thing that strook her about the girls appearance was her hair. I didn't know it was possiple to have such a haircut... It must be tough having so much hair.
The girl seemed to be younger than Cyra, but she was taller. Cyra was always irritaded by that, but she tried to hide it best she could. It's not like the girl could help being taller than her.
The girl really stood out against the other people. Did she have those clothes because she wanted to be seen or the opposite?
As usual Cyra didn't think further than her nose and didn't notice herself practically staring at the new girl, which was bound to cause awkwardness.
Back to top Go down
Yuma Knox

Yuma Knox

PostSubject: Re: Alone in the masses   Alone in the masses I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:57 pm

Taking a seat opposite the girl, she was glad that she'd finally found a seat, and atleast someone to talk to, for the time being. It didn't really occur to her that the girl was staring at her, as she was just too engrossed in the fact that she'd sat down with someone she'd never even met before,
Wonder what she's like- kind? Most probably... she was kind enough to let me sit with her. She's probably older than me, obviously. Why is this girl sitting on her own? Same reason as me, I guess? Perhaps her friends are still getting their dinner...wonder what the girl-? GIRL?!
Yuma paused in her thoughts, instantly.
I don't even know her name...I should really stop calling her 'girl', I-I...I..jeez, how rude of me...
Yuma casually unzipped her lunchbox, trying to slide in the question somehow,
So...to whom do i owe the pleasure?
Back to top Go down
Cyra Redfield

Cyra Redfield

PostSubject: Re: Alone in the masses   Alone in the masses I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 2:08 pm

Poor Cyra. She took her time to understand sentences like this. After thinking for a short while she concluded that the girl probably wanted to know her name. Given the situation, that was the most logical guess. But what did Cyra know about logic, really?

"I'm Cyra." She said, hoping she got it right. She wanted to be as graceful as this girl when she talked, but she didn't know how. In the end she had to settle with the usual.

"What about you?" She said, smiling(although nervously) for the first time today.
Back to top Go down
Yuma Knox

Yuma Knox

PostSubject: Re: Alone in the masses   Alone in the masses I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 2:23 pm

Smiling courteously back, Yuma was stunned by the name,
Cyra, eh? Such a pretty name...wish mine was as amazing- I'm Yuma... just plain old Yuma
As Yuma was pretty much gullible, and rather unknowing to her surroundings, she didn't really detect the nervousness Cyra was displaying so clearly. Upon opening her lunchbox to reveal a sandwich, packet of crisps, carrot sticks, and an orange, she looked across at Cyra's meal of lasagne.
Are the meals here...good?
She couldn't help herself with curiousity, and fished out her cheese-sandwich, unwrapping it carefully from the packaging, it was brown bread...her favourite, naturally.
Back to top Go down
Cyra Redfield

Cyra Redfield

PostSubject: Re: Alone in the masses   Alone in the masses I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 2:56 pm

Cyra smiled, this time not as nervous.

"Thanks, but I just think of it as my moms bad sense of humour. Its meaning is sun and..." She gestured at her hair. She was not very happy with her hair color, most people thought redheads(especially with a touch of orange) were the ugliest hair color.

"Yuma's not so bad, is it? I've never heard the name before, so it has got to be unique." While she spoke Yuma opened her little lunchbox, revealing a lot of goodies.
Are the meals here...good?
Cyra looked down at her lasagna. It was good, especially for a school.

"It's much better than most schools food. It's definetely worth the price."
She cut of a slice of the lasagna, picked it up on her fork and held it out to Yuma.
"Here, try it." As usual she didn't know anything about etiquette, decency, personal bubbles, etc, so she didn't knew what she was doing when she practically tried to feed a girl she just met.
Back to top Go down
Yuma Knox

Yuma Knox

PostSubject: Re: Alone in the masses   Alone in the masses I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:33 pm

Personally, though, I still think it's a beautiful name.
Yuma was fairly slow at these kind of things, and it was only a moment before she realized what Cyra had actually meant.
Well, I mean, you are kind of like a ball of sunshine....you've set a ray of happiness on me...
After realizing how corny she just sounded, and how weird Cyra would most likely consider her to be, she frowned slightly to herself,
Darn it, why can't I just think through what I'm saying before I say it...?

Upon hearing her reply to her question of whether the mealtimes at Whisper Hallow were above average, she looked up to Cyra again from her lunch,
It's much better than most schools food. It's definetely worth the price.
Yuma paused as she saw Cyra neatly cut out a chunk of lasagne and hold it out to her,
Here, try it.
Yuma tipped her head to the side, slightly confused towards the gesture.
Um...are you sure?
Yuma didn't want to sound too rude towards Cyra, seeing as they had only just met.
Back to top Go down
Cyra Redfield

Cyra Redfield

PostSubject: Re: Alone in the masses   Alone in the masses I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 3:26 pm

Cyra tilted her head to the right. Was she making fun of her? Ball of sunshine, really?

On top of that, she had hesitated on trying the food, making Cyra think twice. She couldn't understand why though, so she shrugged and ate the piece herself.

"Just for future reference, I don't like when people joke about my hair. It's kind of a touchy subject." She said, trying to not sound irritated. Yuma couldn't help it, right? How could she know anything about Cyra? No, there was nothing to worry about.
Back to top Go down
Yuma Knox

Yuma Knox

PostSubject: Re: Alone in the masses   Alone in the masses I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:33 am

[OOC: Sorry for the late reply! Also, this'll be my last post until Monday night GMT, as I'm going to a camp for the weekend...sorry again >_<'' ]

Yuma sighed relief inside as Cyra ate the lasagne for herself, afterall it would appear quite odd to the other tables filled with children.
Just for future reference, I don't like when people joke about my hair. It's kind of a touchy subject.
Yuma looked up in disbelief to what had just been said, astounded,
Why would people joke about your hair...? I mean I know it's being touchy but whomever thinks you're a complete outcast as to set you aside BECAUSE of your hair is just a sad person, indeed!
Yuma didn't really seem to realize how she'd made the situation worse, as per usual, by interfering with personal issues.
Back to top Go down
Cyra Redfield

Cyra Redfield

PostSubject: Re: Alone in the masses   Alone in the masses I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 5:21 am

[OOC: No problem, you weren't late at all.]

Cyra sighed and rest her head in her palm.

"If you haven't noticed it, I'm the only one sitting alone in here." At least up until now, she thought. She had barely been at the school for a week and it seemed like it would turn out just like before. People were avoiding her for some reason.

She played with her food, appetite long gone. She wondered what Yuma was thinking at this point. Soon she would start to avoid her as well, if tradition were to be followed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alone in the masses   Alone in the masses I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alone in the masses
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Whisper Hallow Academy :: Other Rooms :: Cafeteria-
Jump to: