Whisper Hallow Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whisper Hallow Academy

Welcome to Whisper Hallow Academy, The Boarding High School of your Dreams!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Remember to put all your creations into a Completed Character topic!
Once your Completed Character has been approved you may begin RPing!

The last box.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Richard Diagon

Richard Diagon

The last box. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The last box.   The last box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:44 pm

"Thanks," he said, grabbing the paper towels at covered his nose with just a couple, still pinching it shut. For some reason, he used to get nosebleeds fairly often when he was younger, so he was used to sometimes copious amounts of blood issuing out of his nose.

"No. I did a quick check when I got up. At the moment, there's nothing wrong. I might a couple bruises, and maybe some scrapes, but nothing serious. Glad it didn't happen while we were unpacking, otherwise I might have crushed something," he said. He suddenly turned around, realizing that something might have been crushed, or bent, or broken in the boxes that went flying.

He got up, his left knee groaning slightly in protest, and made his way over to the boxes. If anything in these are broken or smashed or in any sort of broken state, I'm going to feel horrible, and then offer to buy her a new one of whatever it might be. Sounds like it'd be the right thing to do. Yes, he concluded that's what he would do.

"I think we should check the contents, just to make sure nothing got broken or bent during the flight sequence," he said. He removed the paper towels, but quickly put them back once he felt blood quickly leave his nose.
Back to top Go down
TraumerdeAmore

TraumerdeAmore

PostSubject: Re: The last box.   The last box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 8:23 am

"Great," she sighed, "I'm glad you're okay. And Crow," she brought him up to her eye level, "Watch where we're going next time," she smiled, kissed him, and sat him down. He just ran over and hopped up on top of her bed to watch them.

Chrissy groaned inside as she looked at the boxes that went down with Richard. They looked like they tried to fly, and failed, "Well, the one I dropped went straight down, so anything in that should be fine. Let me go check it real fast."

She left her bedroom and kneeled next to the boxes she was transferring. She lifted the one she had dropped and sighed before placing it on top of the other box she had been moving. She then pushed them both until they were outside her bedroom door, "The box I dropped was just my bedding and such. There's nothing breakable in that box at all," she looked down at the other box, "And the other one is odd stuff. My gosh, I'm glad neither of us were carrying that one."

The box she had been scooting across the floor was labeled Other bedroom. It contained things such as her laptop, DVD/VCR player, game systems, a couple stuffed animals, and more. After sighing once more, she looked up at Richard, who had made his way over to the boxes he had been carrying.
Back to top Go down
Richard Diagon

Richard Diagon

PostSubject: Re: The last box.   The last box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 2:07 pm

"Yeah, thanks goodness," Richard said. he tested his nose again, and found that it was no longer bleeding. He wiped up the rest of the blood around his nose. He walked into the kitchen, wetting one of the paper towels and going over his nose again, making sure there was no blood left. Once he was done, he looked down at his sweater, and contemplated trying to wash it right now. Probably not a good idea. Instead, he took it off, revealing a tucked-in white dress shirt and a blue tie. He put it over the edge of the couch, and went back into the bedroom, making sure to watch his step as he entered.

"Cute cat," Richard said, "I just wish we had met under more pleasant circumstances. Well, let's get unpacking, shall we?"

He took one of the boxes he was carrying, and carefully took the tape off of it. He opened it and saw that it was filled with mostly cat-related items. "Where does all of this go?"
Back to top Go down
TraumerdeAmore

TraumerdeAmore

PostSubject: Re: The last box.   The last box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 2:28 pm

Chrissy was thankful Richard's nose had stopped bleeding. She opened all of the boxes and began to imagine where she wanted it all. He had left the room to go wash his nose she assumed. He returned and she noticed that his sweater was gone. She really liked the button-down shirt, "Where's your sweatshirt," she asked.

She looked over at Crow and smiled when Richard complemented on him, "Thanks. As for my stuff, the bedding box, and Crow's box doesn't need to be messed with right now. The best thing to start with would probably be my wall items," she walked over to the correct box, picked it up, and carried it to her bed. She started to pull some of the stuff out. Shelves, pictures, posters, etc, "I don't really know where I want any of it for sure. I normally just throw stuff up. So I guess we should just be creative here?"

Chrissy was really thankful for Richard. She didn't even care if he helped her unpack her things. She just wanted the company. He could never understand how much she loved the circumstances they had met under.
Back to top Go down
Richard Diagon

Richard Diagon

PostSubject: Re: The last box.   The last box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 6:57 pm

"I put it over the couch. I don't really want to go around your dorm wearing a bloody sweater. Don't worry, I made sure that no blood got on the couch," Richard said. He pushed the box aside and picked up some of the posters. He looked back at rest of the stuff that she was taking out of the box and began visualizing what the walls would look like.

"Do you have any tape? Or do you prefer to use push pins to hang these up?" he said, pointing to the posters. Personally, he liked to use tape, because 1) it was easier, and 2) it didn't leave any holes in the wall that would have to be Spacled in later.

"Hey, do you have something that I can use to play my iPod on, uh, that is, if you want to listen to it. I have quite a variety of music, ranging from classic rock, to modern pop, to techno. Or we can just listen to some of your preferred music. Either way, I think it would be nice to have some music going, don't you think? It would make it seem like times going a little faster," he said.
Back to top Go down
TraumerdeAmore

TraumerdeAmore

PostSubject: Re: The last box.   The last box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:37 pm

"Oh. Would you like me to wash it? Your sweatshirt? Or at least soak it in cold water with some detergent," she asked sweetly, "I do feel kinda responsible for the whole thing."

Christiana finished pulling stuff out of the box and looked it over. She had thick white shelves, a long, decorated mirror, some flower wall sticks, a jewelry rack, and quite a few posters from some of her favorite movies and TV shows. "I actually have these sticky things that go between the wall and the poster. They're probably out in the living room," she left her bedroom and returned moments later with the pack of poster stickies, a box of nails, and a hammer, she sat them on her desk.

"You sound like me, I listen to all different types of music, nothing in particular," she smiled, "I'd love to hear what you listen to. I have a radio with an I-pod dock built in," she bent down and opened one of the boxes. She pulled out a small radio and carried it over to her desk where she sat it down and plugged it up in a nearby socket, "There we go."
Back to top Go down
Richard Diagon

Richard Diagon

PostSubject: Re: The last box.   The last box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:03 pm

"Oh, no, that's alright. I've got a way to get it out back at my dorm. But, uh, thanks for the offer," he said. "Please, don't feel responsible. It was an accident, that's all,"

He was beginning to like her more. Hey, things are going good between you two. Maybe it's time to start laying on some moves. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, a little voice in his head began to say. Shut up! I'm not going to do anything of the sort!

"Oh, cool," he said, setting the posters down and going over to the desk. He pulled out his iPod and set it in the dock. He circled through Artists, looking for something that he was really in the mood for. He quickly passed the B's, D's, E's, and then landed in the L's. "Here we go," he mumbled, clicking on the song. 'Bad Romance' began to play.

He moved back to the posters, picking up one and a couple poster stickies. He put a medium-sized one next to the door, and a larger one about two feet to the right of it. "That looking good?"
Back to top Go down
TraumerdeAmore

TraumerdeAmore

PostSubject: Re: The last box.   The last box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 8:49 pm

"I can't help but feel partially responsible, it's my nature. But if you're sure it will be alright, then okay," she said. She looked through the stuff on her bed as Richard set up his I-pod and picked a song to start. She was very excited to hear what he liked to listen too, even though they both listened to a bit of everything.

He finished, "Lady Gaga, nice choice," she smiled and watched Richard as he began to put up some posters, and complimented on them when he asked her opinion. This is going to take us no time at all, she thought, but now that Richard's here, I kinda don't want it to go by so quickly.

Chrissy grabbed the the two white shelves from the pile on her bed. These are going above my desk. She made her way back over to her desk and pushed everything on it to the side. She climbed on top of it and began lining up where she wanted the shelved to go, and marking the spots where a nail should be. She hummed the song quietly to herself the whole time.
Back to top Go down
Richard Diagon

Richard Diagon

PostSubject: Re: The last box.   The last box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:11 pm

Once Richard was done with his posters, he decided that he would mark where the mirror was going to go. Carefully picking it up, he looked around the room, deciding where it would go. He concluded that it should either go above, or next to where she kept her clothes. That way, she wouldn't have to walk very far to change in case her choice of clothes wasn't what she wanted at that time. He set it against the wall, judging where it would go. Coming to a decision, he quickly took a mechanical pencil out of his pocket and marked the top of the mirror. There. Now we can worry about that a little later, once we get nails and a hammer, he thought.

He took a moment and looked at Christiana. He smiled slightly. This was really nice, getting to spend the day with someone like her. He began to wonder how she would show her thanks for his help. Maybe cook dinner? Invite him on a date? A kiss? The first two seemed the most likely. The last might take a longer time to get. Oh well. If there was one thing that he was good at, it was being patient.

"Hey, did you hear that the lake is open for the summer?
" he said, grabbing some of the flower wall sticks. "I bet that would be lots of fun, swimming in a lake. Sure, we could go swimming here, but the chlorine kind of turns me off on that idea. What do you say, wanna go sometime?"
Back to top Go down
TraumerdeAmore

TraumerdeAmore

PostSubject: Re: The last box.   The last box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:55 pm

Chrissy carefully aligned the shelves, making sure they would be perfectly straight, and that they were good distances from each other, and the desk. She smiled a little bit when she saw him deciding where her mirror would go, and she liked where he picked. We'll do that later, neither of us should hang that up alone, she thought, That should be screwed in anyway. I'll need to find the drill. She focused on Richard for too long and dropped her marker, "Oops," she said staring at it. She shrugged, grabbed a few nails and the hammer, and made sure of where the nails were to go before preparing to hammer.

She blushed a little when she noticed he was looking at her. She was continuing to like him more and more. He was helping her do all this, and he didn't even care about the fact that she didn't have a plan for where she wanted everything. He seemed to have a few good things in common with her, and other things about him, she just liked. She was wondering what she should do to thank him, and decided she might offer to buy him dinner, since she hadn't yet went grocery shopping.

"This place has a lake," she exclaimed, pausing on her work, "Oh that sounds so nice. I love being out in nature," she noticed he had her wall sticks, those might look good above my bed... She wanted to see where he pictured them to see if it was alright, "I'm not too big of chlorine myself, sometimes people add too much and it irritates my skin, and it just destroys my hair. But, I love to swim," she said sweetly, "And I'd love to go with you sometime.
Back to top Go down
Richard Diagon

Richard Diagon

PostSubject: Re: The last box.   The last box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 10:11 pm

"Neat! We'll have to go sometime soon. Maybe even later tonight if we get done fast enough. I don't have a car though, so I guess we're in for a long walk, unless you have a car?" he asked.

Hmm, where to put these? Maybe by the desk? No, that wouldn't look good. No where else seems to be good, except for above the bed...Resolving the issue, he walked over to the right side of the bed. Carefully, he one up. He realized that he would have to get on top of the bed to set up the rest. He quickly took off his shoes and stepped onto the bed, making sure that Crow was nowhere in his path. He didn't really want to fall off the bed. Who knows what he might break this time?

After a bit, the flowers were all on the wall. He raised both his hands up in triumph. Getting those on was a bit tricky. There were a couple times where he hadn't put them on straight, and he had to nearly take the entire thing off and put it on again. He stepped off the bed, and put his shoes next to the door, so they were out of the way. Not much else to do from this box, just hang that mirror, the shelves, and the jewelry rack up.

"When do you want to hang this mirror up?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
TraumerdeAmore

TraumerdeAmore

PostSubject: Re: The last box.   The last box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 10:34 pm

"Well as long as we finish in here we can do anything. All the other rooms are just throwing a few knickknacks up and stocking some things. Except the living room has a couple pieces of artwork. But, I can do that myself in no time," she said excitedly, "Yes. I have a car, I'd be glad to drive us."

"He's putting them above the bed," she whispered to herself. They were both right, they looked excellent there. She felt kinda bad because they looked like they were a pain to him. She finished hammering in the nails and put the shelves up, "We can hang up the mirror right now. I just have to run out and get the drill from the living room," she said as she slid off her desk. She ran out and returned in a moment with the drill, she walked back to her desk and grabbed some screws and walked over to Richard, "When we're done I'll hang up my jewelry rack and we can start putting everything in here."

"I was wondering," she said shyly, "If you might let me buy you a meal. We can order in, go out, or we could even take something to the lake and have a picnic," she began to talk really fast, she did that when she was nervous, "I haven't yet went to the grocery store so I have like no food. Therefore I can't cook you anything, not that I'm that good at cooking anyway. But, I just wanted to do something to thank you for your help.
Back to top Go down
Richard Diagon

Richard Diagon

PostSubject: Re: The last box.   The last box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 10:58 pm

"Well, that's good. Both the car and the amount of work left to do," he said.

"Um, uh, that sounds great. Yeah, that's a great plan. We should definitely go out to the lake and have a picnic. I'd love to do that," Richard said, blushing slightly. You saw this coming, you know you did. But still, it's nice that she offered. This day was just getting better and better.

"Hey, let's hurry and get this mirror up, yeah? That way we have much more daylight when we get to the lake," he said. He picked up the mirror, and aligned it with the mark he had made earlier. He pressed the mirror firmly against the wall, making sure that it didn't move an inch. Getting this first screw was the most important part, and he didn't really feel like screwing it up. Ha! "Screwing" it up! Because we're using screws...Yeah, I'm glad I didn't say that outloud.
Back to top Go down
TraumerdeAmore

TraumerdeAmore

PostSubject: Re: The last box.   The last box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:11 am

"Mmhmm," she nodded, "I love my car. and I can't wait until I have everything put up where it's supposed to be. It'll be so nice to be completely moved in. And I'm excited to see what the whole thing looks like when it's done."

"Great! Then we'll stop somewhere on the way to the lake," she beamed at him oddly. Good god, you just had to make it sound like you were asking him out on a date, didn't you. It's not a date! It's just thanking him for his help today, right? She started blushing really badly, and tried not to act any more suspiciously then she already was. But, I am looking forward too it...

"Yes. If you just hold it still like that, I'll get the screws in," she waited until he had the mirror positioned correctly and he was steadily holding it. She then place the screws and their holders in the need-be places, and drilled them in, starting with the bottom. Once she was finished the last one she stepped back and admired it, "Perfect."
Back to top Go down
Richard Diagon

Richard Diagon

PostSubject: Re: The last box.   The last box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 5:52 pm

He stepped back and admired their handy work. A fine job, and he the mirror did look there. He looked over at Christiana, and noticed that a bit of red was still on her checks. I bet she took it as if she was asking me on a date. In a way she was, but really, it's more of a gesture of her thanks for helping her with her room. Lord knows I would do the same thing if our roles were reversed.

"Looks good. High five for teamwork!" he said, raising his hand. "So, all we have to do is get the jewelry rack, and those last few items from the living room, right?"

Truthfully, he was hoping that they would just drop what they were doing and head straight over to the lake. Now that he knew he was going, he couldn't wait to get there. It always happened with him. If he wanted to really be somewhere, but couldn't go until he did something or wait until a certain time, he became really antsy. He could never explain why.
Back to top Go down
TraumerdeAmore

TraumerdeAmore

PostSubject: Re: The last box.   The last box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 7:52 pm

"Yes," she exclaimed and met his hand in a high five, "The jewelry rack, and a few paintings need to go up in the living room and we can leave!"

Chrissy didn't even wait for his response before she grabbed her jewelry rack off of her bed and looked around for where she wanted it to go. There. Above my desk. Below the shelves. She quickly made her way towards the area and began to align where the rack would go. As soon as she figured that out, she grabbed some nails and hammered them in, and hung the rack up. The whole process only took her a few minutes, "There. Now to my living room," she grabbed the box of nails and skipped out of her room.

If only she could see herself. Prancing about her new dorm room, grabbing the few paintings that needed to go up in the living room, and hardly refraining from ushering Richard to hurry up. She couldn't help it though. She was so excited that she made a friend, and that they already had plans to go to the lake together when they were done. She just wanted to grab her swimsuit, a blanket, and her purse, and them leave right now. But she new she couldn't get these paintings up by herself.

Last edited by TraumerdeAmore on Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Richard Diagon

Richard Diagon

PostSubject: Re: The last box.   The last box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:27 pm

Richard could only stand back and watch as Christiana put up the jewelry rack as if there was no tomorrow. He didn't realize how much she wanted to go to the lake. Granted, he was just as excited. "Alright! I'm coming!" Richard said, laughing. He hustled into the living room, making sure to move fast enough so that Christiana didn't scold him for moving slow (or something to that effect). He quickly grabbed his iPod off the player before he left, however. He didn't want to leave this behind.

"So, where are these paintings going? Well, I know they're going on the wall, duh, but where on the wall?" he asked, taking a look at one. Personally, he didn't see the appeal, but if she liked them, he wasn't going to criticize. It would just be rude to criticize another persons taste in the arts.
Back to top Go down
TraumerdeAmore

TraumerdeAmore

PostSubject: Re: The last box.   The last box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 5:55 pm

"The tree paintings, I'd like all three to go above the couch. The other one goes over on the little slither of a wall before the kitchen," she said grabbing one of the tree paintings. She climbed on top of her couch, placed the painting on the wall and moved it around. The painting was a bit too big for her, and she had to stand on her tip-toes just to reach the right spot. Once she found it, she sat the painting down and went back for the nails and the hammer. On the way back to the couch, she kicked the edge of her table, "Chya," she screamed and caught herself.

Christiana was becoming exceedingly excited and needed to calm down before someone got hurt. She took a moment to breathe deeply before she went back to hanging up the painting. She safely got the first one up and got off the couch to get the other two.
Back to top Go down
Richard Diagon

Richard Diagon

PostSubject: Re: The last box.   The last box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 9:46 pm

"Woah, hey, slow down a bit. I know you're just as excited as I am, but be careful, yeah?" he said. Evidently, he needn't have said anything, as he watched her do exactly that before going back to the paintings.

He grabbed the one that was supposed to go near the kitchen. He placed it against the wall gently, and moved it up and down, trying to get it the perfect height. Eventually he got it to a good spot. Setting it down, he quickly went for the hammer and grabbed a nail. "I'll give this back in just a second," he said. A couple quick hits with the hammer, and the nail was in. Soon after, the painting was sitting contently on the wall. "There. Now, let me help you with the other ones," he said, grabbing one of the tree paintings. He hoped onto the couch, and aligned the painting with the one Christiana put up. "You wanna hammer the nail in?" he asked.

[Sorry for the late post. It's been quite a week for me, and I haven't had much computer time.]
Back to top Go down
TraumerdeAmore

TraumerdeAmore

PostSubject: Re: The last box.   The last box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 11:09 am

[You're fine. I've had quite a long week myself T.T]

Christiana smiled and chuckled out of embarrassment as she calmly made her way back to the couch with the other two paintings. She leaned them up against it, and climbed back onto it. She watched patiently as Richard hung up the odd painting near the kitchen. She made room for him on the couch when he came to help her with the last two.

"Sure," she said politely as she grabbed two more nails and the hammer and proceeded in driving the first one into the wall, "Oh, and I assume you'll need to run to your dorm before we leave," she realized he would probably need a few things as she began thinking of things she needed to grab.

Purse, towel, blanket, bathing suit, she started making a list in her head, gosh I'll have to dig through my clothes real quick. I know I brought quite a few. Just like regular clothes, Chrissy always wore the cutest bathing suits, and she had more than just a few. Bikinis, tankinis, boyshort bottoms, etc. You name it, she probably had it. Ranging from all different colors and patterns. It wasn't a big deal to her though, clothes was always a luxury she allowed herself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The last box.   The last box. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The last box.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Whisper Hallow Academy :: Female Dormitory :: Single Dorm Rooms :: Dorm 29-
Jump to: