Whisper Hallow Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whisper Hallow Academy

Welcome to Whisper Hallow Academy, The Boarding High School of your Dreams!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Remember to put all your creations into a Completed Character topic!
Once your Completed Character has been approved you may begin RPing!

Singing (Again)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

Singing (Again) Empty
PostSubject: Singing (Again)   Singing (Again) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 7:01 pm

[[This is what happens when I watch a music video 15 times in a row]]

'Matt' wandered into the music room. He had been strolling around the campus, exploring parts that he had never really noticed before--he had thought that he should've done this ages ago--and had come across this one particular room. The music room. This school had a music room?

Maybe it's an unused one, like that one from Ouran High School Host Club. he had thought to himself, which made him wildly wonder if a host club was in there as well. However, no rose petals flew out to him when he opened the door and, for some reason he can't even begin to think about, he was slightly disappointed to see that there wasn't a bunch of good-looking guys looking as if they were posing for a photo shoot. Oh well.

The music room was empty, and felt like it had been for a while now. Wait, no; he walked to a piano and noted, when he swept a hand across it, that there was no dust on it. Either the janitors here were paid very well, or someone had been here recently.

'Matt' didn't play any instruments, though he had been thinking about learning how to play for a while. He had realized that playing doesn't involve much eyesight, unless it came to reading song notes, which he could memorize. A guitar didn't sound too bad at all, he just needed to buy one and then stay locked in his room for weeks as he learned, very slowly, how to play.

Whatever, he wasn't here for the instruments anyway, though plenty were strewn around the place. He had a respect for them, so he never played around with them, though he was extremely tempted to. Instead he walked over to a radio, blinking as he realized that it had a CD in it. He opened the disk and found--

"FIREWORK - Katy Perry (instrumental)" was labeled on the CD with a black sharpie. The junior was puzzled. Someone had burned an instrumental version of Firework and only Firework on a CD, and ended up leaving it there? People can be rather strange, huh.

He stared blankly at the CD and its title. He knew Firework; he had watched the music video once and absolutely loved it. Sure, he did admit that Katy Pery's choice of lyrics and the rather dull lines irked him, and her voice was way to powerful the first time she sang the chorus, but the music video won him over. He memorized the lyrics the first time he listened to it, too.

" You're really good at singing..." The words popped in his head out of nowhere, a voice all too familiar. How long ago did he hear her say that? He smiled slightly, almost a bit sadly.

True, his voice was quite good, he had discovered on that day. He had sung to himself many times afterward, and had to admit that it was fun, singing. Even if his voice was horrible, which it wasn't in the slightest, he'd still enjoy it.

He had nothing better to do, and it couldn't be just coincidence that he had ran into this CD here.

~*Fifteen Seconds or so Later*~

He allowed himself to close his eyes, listening to the music. Almost a bit hesitantly, he opened his mouth and began to sing.

"Do you ever feel like a plastic bag
Drifting throught the wind
Wanting to start again?

"Do you ever feel, feel so paper thin
Like a house of cards
One blow from caving in?"

It felt awkward, singing these words as if they were just sentences, so he added just a touch of more force into the next few words.

"Do you ever feel already buried deep
Six feet under scream
But no one seems to hear a thing

Do you know that there still a chance for you
Cause there's a spark in you"

You just gotta ignite the light
And let it shine"

'Matt' opened his eyes and put a little more force in his words now, though kept his voice low, as if building up on the meaning of the lyrics.

"Just own the night
Like the Fourth of July

Cause baby you're a firework
Come on show 'em what your worth
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!"
As you shoot across the sky-y-y

Baby you're a firework
Come on let your colors burst
You're gunna leave 'em fallin' down-own-own"

'Matt' was satisfied with how he sounded here; it was only the first chorus, so he was glad he didn't sound too powerful in it, not nearly shouting like the original singer.

He took another breath and continued.

"You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow."

It was weird, singing like such an optimist, but he didn't mind too much.

"Maybe you're reason why all the doors are closed
So you can open one that leads you to the perfect road
Like a lightning bolt, your heart will blow
And when it's time, you'll know

You just gotta ignite the light
And let it shine
Just own the night
Like the Fourth of July"

Second chorus. He took a deeper breath and smiled as he started singing, making his voice much more powerful. He faintly registered that the door was still open, but didn't care; he loved this feeling as he sang, not feeling vulnerable in the slightest.

"Cause baby you're a firework!
Come on show 'em what your worth!
As you shoot across the sky-y-y

Baby you're a firework!
Come on let your colors burst
You're gunna leave 'em fallin' down-own-own.."

The music begged for a few second of intermission; 'Matt' quickly realized what he had to sing next and, somehow, grew embarrassed. The door was open! What in the world was he thinking! The junior quickly turned off the radio, blushing as if he were on stage and screwed up. He wasn't too embarrassed that he had just sang Katy Perry, but more of the fact that he was just singing.
Back to top Go down
http://yummi-kun.deviantart.com
MikazukiShizuoka

MikazukiShizuoka

Singing (Again) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Singing (Again)   Singing (Again) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 8:28 pm

OC: I WAS JUST LISTENING TO FIREWORK
and ouran high school host club used to be my favorite anime. I swear i cried when they found out he was leaving.

Mikazuki was walking down the school hallway. This school had a lot of secrets within it, like hogwarts. She never knew what she was going to find. She heard footsteps and froze. After a couple seconds a song started playing. She recognized the tune as Firework, she loved that song. She was going to walk in assuming someone was playing the song when the voice didn't match up. Is someone singing she thought to herself.

Soon the voice became soothing and she sat down listening to it. Once it was at the hook again it suddenly stopped. Mikazuki rose up quickly not wanting to be a weirdo.

She was thinking about what to say, should she say Why'd you stop. Or should she say That was beautiful. She felt rushed not wanting whoever was singing to come out and see her before she was them so she randomly chose one.

She turned the corner and walked into the room examining the room and seeing a piano. She knew how to play but her voice was average. She looked at who was seated and said, "Why'd you stop it sounded beautiful?"

Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

Singing (Again) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Singing (Again)   Singing (Again) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:17 am

He hoped, he hoped, he desperately hoped--ah god no use. As he had assumed, someone had overheard him. Furthermore, they heard the whole thing. And to top it all off, it was Mikazuki.

Ah. He didn't write down 'singing' as one of his hobbies in her little quiz, did he?

It took him a few seconds to realize that she had even asked a question, as 'Matt' had completely froze when she had entered the room. For some reason, the feeling he was feeling now was somewhat close to one that had just been caught doing something bad; a second later a flush of color entered his cheeks, with shame or embarrassment he didn't know.

"I-I remembered that the door was open.." he trailed off. Yeah, that was true, but there was another reason why. Still, saying, "I don't like people overhearing me sing" was quite a lame, not to mention tactless, answer.
Back to top Go down
http://yummi-kun.deviantart.com
Miss Amy

Miss Amy

Singing (Again) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Singing (Again)   Singing (Again) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 6:17 am

Amy was wondering around the school when she faintly heard singing, it was a good voice to a good song, she walked to where the sores of the singing was but by the time she got there the singing had stopped an there were two students talking, she walked over to the door way and knocked before saying "hello, who did that great voice belong to?.." she looked at the boy, she had a idea of who was singing because it was a males voice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Singing (Again) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Singing (Again)   Singing (Again) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Singing (Again)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Whisper Hallow Academy :: Other Rooms :: Music Room-
Jump to: