Whisper Hallow Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whisper Hallow Academy

Welcome to Whisper Hallow Academy, The Boarding High School of your Dreams!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Remember to put all your creations into a Completed Character topic!
Once your Completed Character has been approved you may begin RPing!

Samantha's Skills

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Samantha Paige

Samantha Paige

Samantha's Skills Empty
PostSubject: Samantha's Skills   Samantha's Skills I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 11:26 pm

Name: Math.

Ability: It makes her seem like a nerd and a geek but she is after all,She is excellent at all kinds of Math.

History:She is very smart and she practices all the time.

----------

Name: Piano

Ability:She is a OK piano player. it makes her seem more talented.

History:Her grandma taught to her almost from birth,she is talented it came naturally to her. She actually started learning at around 5,which is possible since some people have learned at 4,So she had 6 years,true she didn't remeber much of what she learned,and she stopped playing after her Grandma died for quite a few years so she is very rusty,and doesn't know many songs or chords but she's trying to pick it back up,she just started playing again this year.

---------

Name: Handling animals

Ability: Nobody knows she can handle them well so it does nothing for popularity,She is Excellent at handling animals, all kinds.

History: She went with her mom to work at the vets office,and found she had an amazing gift for taming animals. She learned how to handle them properly from her mom, following her to work every day became quite usefull to her, so she became more and more interested in animals, she worked with all kinds, so she got lot's of expierience and learned to tame them.

------------------------------------------------------

Please Approve!

Last edited by Samantha Paige on Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Samantha's Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samantha's Skills   Samantha's Skills I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 2:17 am

Okay. I have a problem here. How are you naturally good at all these things? Are you an alien come to take over the world starting with WHA?

Let's review:
Math: Okay, you practiced this a lot. That makes it understandable that you're good at this.

Skateboarding: What free time? From the way you've made your character it sounds like any free time she would have would be spent, studying, or helping your mom with chores and other such things.

Piano: Okay, so grandma taught you. What happened when Grandma died? Any normal child would have started learning an instrument about age 9-11. So, Let's assume you started earlier than most children, let's say 7. You only learned piano for 4 years and you were still a child, barely able to sit still in you seat, let alone concentrate long enough to learn a whole lot in the time frame. Also, when grandma died, did you stop playing for a while or did you keep playing for whatever reason?

Handling animals: Just no. I could see if your mom taught you how to handle the animals or if you said that you watched mom handle them and picked up from what you saw but, nobody's just naturally good with animals straight out the gate.

Now, I will give you this suggestion if you really want to keep all these things as skills and proficient in them. Say, you tried to learn piano from your grandma but, when she died you stopped playing and filled the time instead, with skateboarding. While doing so, you found that you were amazingly balanced and learned fairly quickly how to drop into a half pipe. After you grew up some, you picked up piano again and, with better concentration than a ten year old, were able to recollect what grandma taught you and advanced this skill further. Now, when you went with your mom to the vet office, you watched as your mom handled the animals and learned things from watching her and, as you grew older, your mom began to teach you how to do so.
Back to top Go down
http://inuprivatehigh.forumotion.com/
Samantha Paige

Samantha Paige

Samantha's Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samantha's Skills   Samantha's Skills I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 11:48 am

Ok,I can fix some stuff.

As for handling animals,I have to disagree with you there, Some people can handle animals right away with no previous expierience, I am one of those people IRL,I've seen people who animals hate and they never like them,it just comes down to the person,usually the calmer the person the more animals tend to be calmer themselves.
I'm studying to be a vet,and spend alot of time around a vets office and have seen this alot,and I can handle animals and haven't been around them very long at all.

Skateboarding though I agree with you,it was something that popped into my head at the last minute and i didn't totally think it through,I'd be happy just removing it totally.

Piano: She actually started learning at around 5,which is possible since some people have learned at 4,So she had 6 years,true she didn't remeber much of what she learned,and she stopped playing after her Grandma died for quite a few years so she is very rusty,and doesn't know many songs or chords but she's trying to pick it back up,she just started playing again this year.

I am going to completely remove skateboarding.

Hope you approve now,and sorry for any spelling errors sometimes I type to fast and don't catch my mistakes...
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Samantha's Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samantha's Skills   Samantha's Skills I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 12:13 pm

These things you've just told me need to go in the history part of your skills.
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

Samantha's Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samantha's Skills   Samantha's Skills I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 12:16 pm

https://highschoolrpg.rpg-board.net/t312-matt-blood-s-skills

This is an amazing example of what your skills should look like.
Back to top Go down
Samantha Paige

Samantha Paige

Samantha's Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samantha's Skills   Samantha's Skills I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 12:41 pm

Ok I added a bit more, but I can't do alot since my brother wants on again...
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

Samantha's Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samantha's Skills   Samantha's Skills I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 1:53 pm

That's fine, thanks for clearing this up for me Kira.

Sorry for all the problems, approved!
Back to top Go down
http://yummi-kun.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

Samantha's Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samantha's Skills   Samantha's Skills I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Samantha's Skills
Page 1 of 1