Whisper Hallow Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whisper Hallow Academy

Welcome to Whisper Hallow Academy, The Boarding High School of your Dreams!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Remember to put all your creations into a Completed Character topic!
Once your Completed Character has been approved you may begin RPing!

Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open*

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Cyra Redfield

Cyra Redfield

Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open* Empty
PostSubject: Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open*   Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open* I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 4:10 pm

Cyra almost fell off the office chair she was standing on. She took a moment to regain her balance, took a deep breath and put the last pin in her poster of Michael Jordan on the wall. She jumped off her chair, swirled around and put her hands in her sides as she nodded happily at her excellent work. Now the room was done. She only needed to put all her clothes in her drawer, but she could do that in the morning. Jazz(her cat) had decided to lay down on her bed and had slept most of the time.

"Fuwaah! You could at least have helped me, Jazz." She talked to him alot. For some reason he seemed to understand most of what she said. She tripped to him and scratched him behind his ear, the way she knew he loved. She couldn't help but wonder if she would be able to make any friends at this new school.
No depressed thoughts now! You have to be optimistic! She thought.
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

PostSubject: Re: Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open*   Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open* I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 5:00 pm

--- Four Rooms Down ---

'Matt' inserted his ID into the slot. A blob of red appeared in his vision instead of the usual green. Huh? He tried it again. Again, a giant circle of red appeared.

If you're wondering why in the world he sees giant circles of light, it's because his bad eyesight makes miniscule circles of light magnify about three times its size. But you really shouldn't be worrying about that at the moment.

It's room 45... he thought, peering at the room sign with concern. Yeah, it said 45! So what's wrong?

To his left he caught a glimpse of bright peach and red. A person? Yeah, a person, but as he turned around the person had already disappeared. Damn. he thought, staring at the room four doors down. Room 49? Did someone even reside there? He had seen the list of taken rooms in the male dormitory, but rooms 46-48 were vacant.

Whatever. He'd go there as a last resort. Instead he looked back at the door, stared, and tried to insert his card again. Nope.

--- one hour later (enough time for Cyra to finish decorating her room) ---

Alright, nothing happened. 'Matt' stared at room 45 with a blank expression, wondering what'd happen if he tried to kick it down. Ah, he'd have to pay a bill. Besides, he probably didn't even have enough strength to kick it down.

Legs still from standing still for an hour, he took a few steps back from the door, considering what he should do. The best thing to do was consult someone, right? MAH, he was bored, and he didn't like talking to adults. Perhaps that person... he thought, referring to the one he saw.

He moved four doors down from room 45 and, a bit quietly, knocked on the door. Room 49. He was sure that no one inhabited room 49 before, so it must've been a new student.
Back to top Go down
http://yummi-kun.deviantart.com
Cyra Redfield

Cyra Redfield

PostSubject: Re: Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open*   Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open* I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 5:21 pm

Cyra stopped scratching Jazz's ear as she heard a sound. Knocking? Who could be knocking at this point? Maybe the principal, or some student had come to welcome her?
She jumped up from the bed and almost ran towards the door. When she opened it she saw a tall skinny boy with a hairstyle that covered one of his eyes. What was he doing here? She was so confused that she found herself staring at him for several seconds without saying anything. Realising how rude that was, she became flustered.
"Waah! I'm sorry! What can I help you with?" Uwaah, she sounded like a shopkeeper from an oldschool JRPG.
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

PostSubject: Re: Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open*   Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open* I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 7:25 pm

'Matt' blinked as he looked down at the person in front of him. She was rather short, possible around a head and a half shorter than him, and she had exceptionally bright red-orange hair (wasn't brown, though, so it didn't really match his preference). Her shirt matched her skin, too, which looked quite weird in his eyesight.

Ignore all that, though. This person was a girl.

Ah. he thought, connecting this fact with the problem he had had only minutes before. Damn, how could stupid could he be?! More importantly, shouldn't he have realized this the moment his card was rejected?

"... I'm.. In the girl's dormitory, aren't I?" he asked, trying to keep his voice monotone. As good as an actor he was, it was really hard to act while he was flustered, which usually makes him look very blank or cold.
Back to top Go down
Cyra Redfield

Cyra Redfield

PostSubject: Re: Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open*   Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open* I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 3:42 am

Cyra tilted her head to one side while leaning on the open door. This guy looked really out of it. His eyes didn't really seem to set focus anywhere. She had an eye for such details.
"I sure hope so, otherwise I've been spending an hour decorating someone else's room!" She smiled brightly at him, hoping to break that blank appearance with at least a smile.
"Did you loose your glasses or something? Ah, how rude of me! Come in, come in!" She gestured towards her room, then happily skipped over to her bed.
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

PostSubject: Re: Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open*   Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open* I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 12:19 pm

I AM in the girls' dormitory.. he realized, getting ready to mentally shoot himself. Oh gawd how the hell did he do that?! He memorized the route to the male dormitory; he memorized EVERYTHING for damn's sake! He must've made a mistake or wasn't paying attention.. If I remember, I was half-asleep while heading to my dorm..

... No wonder. He sighed inwardly, shaking his head a bit as the girl disappeared into her dorm. No, he didn't lose his glasses, though he might as well have lost his common sense. Well, at least he knew that he was invited in. He entered, looking around a bit curiously. He had never been in a female dorm before.

I can't make out anything. he realized with a rather grim expression. He wasn't in the best mood, obviously.

"Sorry. I had stumbled into the female dormitory by mistake," he apologized, following the girl to her bedroom. It was rather colorful, wasn't it? "I'm sorry to bother you.."

He looked away. How embarrassing.

Last edited by Karatsu on Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cyra Redfield

Cyra Redfield

PostSubject: Re: Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open*   Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open* I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:34 pm

As the boy made his excuse she fixed a small error she had made when she had made her bed, and fixed it by stretching it out.
"I'm sorry to bother you.." She leaned backwards, still holding onto the sides of the bed, and looked at him from her upside-down perspective.
"What? You're not bothering me, silly! If you'd been bothering me I'd asked you to leave, hadn't I?" The boy looked troubled, and he still didn't seem to be able to set his sight on a specific point, he just seemed to gaze into the air. That must be it! She sneaked up on him until she was close enough for him to hear her whisper.
"You've lost your lenses while peeking, haven't you?" She said with a half joking, half evil smile.
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

PostSubject: Re: Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open*   Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open* I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 5:33 pm

"I guess.." he answered. This girl was being completely open with him yet not exactly startling, so he was already beginning to get used to her. Heck, you could say he was acting 'natural' around her.

'Matt's' mood wasn't being improved by much, though. He sent his gaze straight to the girl, raising his eyebrows with a rather cold expres​sion(though, thanks to the lack of one eye, it had half the result). "No? he said, raising the pitch at the end to make it seem like a question. What the hell was she talking about?

"If I were peeking I wouldn't have knocked on your door, would I?"
Back to top Go down
Cyra Redfield

Cyra Redfield

PostSubject: Re: Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open*   Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open* I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 2:47 am

Cyra tilted her head to the side. He wasn't reacting as if that was the case at all. How boring. She sat down on her bed and shrugged, then leaned back. She had her eyes closed as she talked. She did that sometimes.
"I don't know. I just thought that was what guys was doing in the girls dormitory. I don't know what goes on in your minds, but I've heard it's perverted." She opened one eye and observed him. She was now wearing a rather emotionless expression on her face.
"You just seemed to have some eyesight problems or something." She shrugged again and then stretched her arms.
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

PostSubject: Re: Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open*   Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open* I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 6:40 am

This girl was rather blunt. 'Matt' felt the tips of his mouth move into something like a smile. Perhaps it was a smirk? He never had really big perverted thoughts, since he really couldn't see what guys like about girls so much. Sure he knew what it was, but he couldn't see any details with that eye of his, could he? In middle school and early high school many assumed that he was gay because of it.

"Aah, that might be the case for some others. For me, I truly got lost here," he replied almost nonchalantly, though he was watching her with a careful expression. Not that he could see anything, though.

... Damn, she's observant. he thought, not replying to her last statement. One meeting and she already guessed that he had horrible eyesight. Well, he wasn't going to tell her, was he?

"So I'm assuming that you just moved in?" 'Matt' asked, smoothly changing the subject. The room had a sort of newish look to it, a look that can only be found in a room that hasn't been used yet.
Back to top Go down
Cyra Redfield

Cyra Redfield

PostSubject: Re: Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open*   Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open* I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 8:08 am

"Hmm?" No perverted thoughts? That's unusual, especially for a boy. At least from what she'd heard. He was probably only hiding it. She settled for that.

Both eyes now open, Cyra lifted an eyebrow. This boy really was interesting.
"Avoiding the question, huh? Well, I'm sure you've got your reasons. Sorry if I said something stupid." She said, clapping her hands together in a prayer-pose.

"Yep, I just moved in here about one hour ago. I'm Cyra. Cyra Redfield, at your service!" She said, jumping up from the bed.
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

PostSubject: Re: Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open*   Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open* I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 9:38 am

She's really interesting, 'Matt' thought as Cyra let it off. She didn't pester him further? And what was with people with curiosity the size of mountains? Did he meet one of the few ones who really didn't have much? Wow, that was surprising!

"Nh-nh, no problem," he answered to her apology. "I'm Matt. It's nice to meet you," he said politely, forcing himself to smile at her (it didn't take much effort).

As he observed her he noticed something rather.. fuzzy (not the bad-eyesight fuzzy way, either). "Is that a cat?" he asked in surprise, nodding toward the bed. By the way it was shaped, it certainly wasn't a puppy, but it looked very much alive.
Back to top Go down
Cyra Redfield

Cyra Redfield

PostSubject: Re: Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open*   Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open* I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 5:03 pm

Cyra looked back at Jazz, who seemed to be very interested in the new person, more curious than wary. She skipped to him, swept him up in her arms, then ran and almost pressed him onto Matts.
"This is Jazz, my best friend! Say hello, Jazz!" The cat yawned as a response.
"Bah, you really are rude, you know that?" She then stood on her toes and whispered in Matts ear.
"Make sure you don't bully him because he is a little fat, okay? It'll hurt his feelings." She took some distance to see how they would get along. Jazz would probably soon wake up, and then he wouldn't seem so lazy anymore. He would probably try to climb around on Matt, a sight Cyra were dying to see.
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

PostSubject: Re: Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open*   Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open* I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 6:34 am

He was more curious on why in the world there was a cat here in the first place. You could have pets in this school? He didn't know that. Then again, the rules had strangely eluded the question if you could own a pet or not. 'Matt' had simply assumed that you couldn't, but seeing how Cyra owned one... Bah, whatever. He'd never own a pet anyway. Not because he didn't like pets, but simply because he had no choice about it. They costed too much money anyway.

He was surprised when Cyra a) randomly pressed a cat onto him and b) whispered into his ear like a creeper. "A-Alright.." he agreed, fumbling to hold the kitten. Whenever he held cats he always thought they were going to fall into pieces. Their backs were shaped very differently from other animals, so when they relaxed they seemed to fall apart like a slinky.

Quickly, though, he got the hang of it. "Hey little guy.." he murmured quietly, stroking the top of the cat's head with two fingers. He liked animals, especially cats and small dogs, but again they costed way too much for him to handle. It was nice seeing one every once in a while.
Back to top Go down
Cyra Redfield

Cyra Redfield

PostSubject: Re: Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open*   Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open* I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 8:54 am

After a little fumbling Matt seemed to get the hang of carrying Jazz. So far so good, Jazz were calm and seemed to enjoy the new company. Well, he usually liked anyone who would pet him, but still...
"He seems to like you. He is usually more curious about new people, but he seems to have settled in already." She said and sat down at her bed again. "You seem to be good with animals. Do you have any?"
"Oh, what am I thinking about, really? Please, take a seat wherever you want, you don't have to stand." She clapped at the spot next to her on the bed.
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

PostSubject: Re: Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open*   Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open* I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 5:08 pm

He tried to get a closer look at the cat; it was rather cute, not bone-skinny like the rest of the kittens in the world. This would probably lead to problems when it grew older, but for now it was plainly adorable. He continued to stroke the top of its head, about to answer when she patted toward the spot next to her.

Going on a girl's bed.. he thought, then shook it away. Whatever, it would be uncomfortable sitting here the entire time. He nodded sat down by her, petting the cat's head. "I never had an animal before. The most interaction I had with animals before was in a pet store."
Back to top Go down
Cyra Redfield

Cyra Redfield

PostSubject: Re: Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open*   Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open* I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 9:02 am

"Hmm?"
That was unexpected. He really seemed like an animal person. Cyra leaned back, leaning on her arms, and looked straight up the ceiling. She kicked a little with her legs over the edge of the bed. By this time Jazz had started purring loudly. It was a soothing sound, one that really improved the atmosphere of the room.
"You're not interested in animals? Or was it your parents?" She remembered that Ema always wanted a dog, but her parents wouldn't let her.
"Parents can be really mean sometimes, don't you agree?" She added thoughtfully as she stretched out the folds of her skirt with one of her hands.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply >.<)
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

PostSubject: Re: Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open*   Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open* I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 1:13 pm

[[OOC: Nnh, no problem]]

'Matt' smiled at the purring cat. "Oh, no, it was beca--" His statement faltered at her next question.

He glanced at her, wondering what she was thinking. Orphans really had trouble answering these questions, either because of the obvious or because they didn't even remember their parents. He really hated being asked this, not only because his parents were dead, but also because they really were nice to him, even though an accident led to his eye and lack of interaction led to him being bullied.

"I think that parents truly love their children even when they're being mean," he said quietly, focusing on petting the kitten. "If they're not beating the crap out of you or forcing you into a closet, and if they feed you decent food and give you an education, doesn't that mean that they care?"
Back to top Go down
Cyra Redfield

Cyra Redfield

PostSubject: Re: Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open*   Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open* I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 2:44 pm

Cyra tilted her head to the other side for a change, still focused on the ceiling. Touchy subject, huh? It seemed like she managed to fail everytime she tried to be nice. Uwaah, what would Ema do? She always knew what to do.
"I guess. If they didn't love their children then they should probably not have become parents either." She said with a shrug. "You can't always help it though." She added with a soft smile and the slightest hint of a blush. She looked around the room, trying to find something to talk about, something that hopefully wouldn't hurt him. Damn, this isn't going well at all, I'm soon going to panic!
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

PostSubject: Re: Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open*   Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open* I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 10:26 pm

'Matt' chuckled. "True, true," he agreed, letting the awkwardness from before slip by. That's how yakuza were born, neh? It was rather sad, those who didn't make the right choices and ended up having unwanted children. Poor children and parents.

Sensing that Cyra didn't really have much to say, he decided to speak himself. "So, what year are you in?" he asked. He could never tell how old someone was. They'd ask, "How old do you think this person is?" and he'd reply, "30!" when they're really 45.
Back to top Go down
Cyra Redfield

Cyra Redfield

PostSubject: Re: Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open*   Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open* I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 3:44 am

Cyra looked down at her body. Even though she was sixteen she barely looked the sort, seing as she was so small. She hated being small.
"I'm a junior. Believe it or not, but I'm sixteen years old. Most people tend to think that I'm thirteen or fourteen." She said, trying to shake off the slight hint sadness in her voice. Did she manage to cover it up?
She cleared her throat and looked at the floor.
"What about you?" She hoped for him to be around her age, but he looked older than she did. Then again, everyone her age looked older than she did. It really buzzed her. Am I doomed to look like a child the rest of my life?
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

PostSubject: Re: Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open*   Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open* I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:02 am

Oh? My year. 'Matt' thought, raising his eyebrows. He had assumed that she was younger by her personality and height, though not a freshman, since she was so open. I wonder if she's upset about it, seeming younger than she really is. he thought, detecting a bit of ill feeling.

"I'm a junior, too," he replied, smiling a bit. "I tend to look younger, too, but I'm seventeen now." It's true when he said he looked younger. He wasn't as tall as other guys were, and a fringe with a big eye completed a rather young look.
Back to top Go down
Cyra Redfield

Cyra Redfield

PostSubject: Re: Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open*   Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open* I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 12:38 pm

"Eh? You're only one year older than me?" She said, shocked. She never would've guessed. She narrowed her eyelids to achieve a suspicious look. She turned and leaned forward towards Matt on all four. Her face were close to Matts(way to close to be considered normal,
especially for two strangers), to search for any hints of him lying.
"Are you sure? You seem much more mature than me..." She said, not spending a single thought at the fact that it was her who was immature for her age.
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

PostSubject: Re: Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open*   Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open* I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 2:02 pm

.. ?! Too confused to even think words, he leaned away from Cyra, staring back at her with a rather bemused expression. He was well aware that there was a cat on his arms, though, and if he did anything outrageous he'd leave the dorm in ribbons. Does this girl know what a personal bubble is?

'Matt' was only used to close contact when someone attempted to beat him up, so you could tell why he was so concerned about how close they are. "Y-Yeah, I'm sure I'm seventeen," he stammered, though he was now thinking that this girl should REALLY get out of his face. Like, in a rather cruel way. "Um.. Excuse me, but.."

His expression was as obvious as his words: "Can you please move away from me?"
Back to top Go down
Cyra Redfield

Cyra Redfield

PostSubject: Re: Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open*   Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open* I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 2:19 pm

The words hit her hard. Frightened, she backed away in an instant. The once calm and good-looking Matt now only looked terrifying to her. She knew that look from before. She didn't want to think about those times again, but she couldn't help it any more. If only Ema was here. She had done it again. Somehow, her mere presence seemed to irritate people.

Cyra could feel the tears well up in her eyes. She looked away from the boy.
"I-I'm sorry. I didn't... I didn't mean to..." She staggered, unable to form any words of significance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open*   Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open* I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moving in! Time to get friends! *Open*
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next