Whisper Hallow Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whisper Hallow Academy

Welcome to Whisper Hallow Academy, The Boarding High School of your Dreams!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Remember to put all your creations into a Completed Character topic!
Once your Completed Character has been approved you may begin RPing!

Needing a tutor (OPEN)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cyuria

Cyuria

Needing a tutor (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Needing a tutor (OPEN)   Needing a tutor (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:49 am

Cyuria opened her math book then closed it what is a multiple intiger or whatever again? She was having a hard time in math,not the class but the homework she slept through the class so that was no problem....but the Homework......she could pay someone to do it,But she was broke.she could get a nerdy boyfriend and make him do,Nah to hard on the popularity........She could make her brother do it!Nah he sucks at math to.......She didn't have much of a choice.....she COULD do it herself she thought but She was pretty much brain dead in that area.....
Maybe homeless people could do it for her lunch....Nah they haven't had a test in a while....
a D+ her mom would FREAK if she saw her last test score....she could always tell her the truth..that she sucks at math...Nah lies are so much easier to make her believe than the truth! She could turn it into a B+ With a red marker! No no she would still make an F on the next test anyway....
A tutor!! That's it a tutor~ She could get a tutor no problem! She just needed to find one now..........
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

PostSubject: Re: Needing a tutor (OPEN)   Needing a tutor (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 8:34 pm

'Matt' was taking a stroll around the grounds, something he did aimlessly when he was bored (which was, in fact, very much often--lately it seems almost as if there's nothing to do on the internet anymore). All schoolwork (well, what little the students were given) had been finished within minute and, in his dorm, he had found himself stuck with a dull, monotonous buzzing noise that seemed to come the recesses of his mind. There was so little to do, he simply wasn't thinking enough.

Wow, what depressing thoughts. So he just did his usual (a walk, that is).

He was idly singing under his breath (Just Be Friend, a Vocaloid song, as usual) when he passed by a girl who seemed to be worrying. She had blue hair, but didn't mean a lot since there was plenty of blue-haired girl at these school--what caught his attention was that she seemed to be worried.

Don't ask how in the world he picked this up with his horrible eyesight, perhaps it was just a skill he had gained over the past years.

Sadly, his complete shyness did not make him walk up to the girl and ask what was wrong; instead, he just stopped not too close or too far from here, staring at her with a rather unsure expression.

Well this was awkward, for him at least.
Back to top Go down
http://yummi-kun.deviantart.com
Cyuria

Cyuria

PostSubject: Re: Needing a tutor (OPEN)   Needing a tutor (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 10:42 pm

Cyuria Was looking at her D+ on her math test not really paying any attenion to her surroundings.....then she saw a boy standing a little bit away as if he wanted to say something but was to shy "Hi....." She said "It's ok I won't bite." She smiled and watched him...

He was cute,brown hair dark eyes.......he reminded her of someone...Ah! he had an uncanny resemblance to her Ex-boyfriend....oh no need to think about him right now. She found herself a little shy in front of this boy....she had no trouble talking to anyone....Ever.....And you could say she was a little over confindent sometimes,He had a funny expression on his face.....She felt a little awkward..she didn't know how long he had been standing there and was afraid he's been waiting for her to say something,she felt a little bad if he had been....

She had laid her math paper and math book down....
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

PostSubject: Re: Needing a tutor (OPEN)   Needing a tutor (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 9:47 pm

'Matt' seemed to get an idea on what was troubling this girl; he saw a paper on top of her textbook, with an obvious marking of a grade on it, but he couldn't tell what the grade was due to his eyesight. For all he knew, it could be a Z or something close to that, it'd still appear as the red blotch he saw now.

"Sorry," he apologized once he realized that she must've found it weird, finding him staring at her with a half-concerned, absolutely unsure expression. The air suddenly grew tense, and he could tell she wasn't exactly comfortable either.

The junior took a small breath, willing himself not to stumble on his words as he usual did when he spoke to strangers. "I couldn't help but to wonder, is there something bothering you?"
Back to top Go down
Cyuria

Cyuria

PostSubject: Re: Needing a tutor (OPEN)   Needing a tutor (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 10:45 pm

Cyuria smiled the boy was obviously uncomfortable.....
"It's alright....Nothing to be sorry about..."
She didn't mind him staring at her and she didn't find it annoying or weird...He just seemed unusual....She didn't mind thought,She wasn't exactly normal herself....

"Oh...It's nothing....I just almost failed my last Algebra test....And my mom's gonna totally freak out when she sees my grade......And my dad will think it's because of all the boys around and send me to an all girls school....." She laughed and smiled at her own problem....

"I was thinking about getting a tutor but I don't know anyone who's very good at math...."
"Oh and I'm Cyuria....Call me Yuri.."
She smiled and tucked her blue hair behind her ear.....
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

PostSubject: Re: Needing a tutor (OPEN)   Needing a tutor (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 7:42 am

"You failed Algebra?" he restated, blinking as he hesitantly moved closer, though he still couldn't see her grade. Oh well--he wasn't nosy, and for her to fail she had to get a D or an F. Pray that it's a D, then. Truthfully, 'Matt' had no idea what'd he would do if he got a failing grade--he had no parents to punish him--but it wouldn't be pleasant.

He felt a small pang of sympathy for this person that he didn't even know yet. Yeah, it might just be her fault that she got bad grades, but at least she knows that she has to get better in it. A math tutor? Perhaps...

Well, he didn't really know how to put it in a subtle way, but he could help her!

"I'm 'Matt'," he said, nodding at her, finally looking calmer again. "You're saying you need help with Algebra?"

Of course he knew, as she told him just moments before, but there was no harm in saying such a thing, right?
Back to top Go down
Cyuria

Cyuria

PostSubject: Re: Needing a tutor (OPEN)   Needing a tutor (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 12:13 pm

Yuri smiled "Sorta I got a D....And since I just got here it's really bad!"
He moved closer she smiled at him.

"It's not that I'm to lazy to study....Mostly....But I have had alot to do,and my mom just got married I broke up with my boyfriend my mom is pregnant My brother went to War I moved here and then THE TEST.

HE asked if she needed help she Smiled,Was he offering to help her...He looked smart and wondered what her was thinking...
"Yeah,Are you any good at it?" She didn't want him to think she was pushing him into helping her so she said it rather softly. twisting her blue hair as she spoke.
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

PostSubject: Re: Needing a tutor (OPEN)   Needing a tutor (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:48 pm

"Oh."

Wow, she opened up quickly. He had never heard someone else's story beside Cyra's, and that was because they were close (even if they haven't talked too recently). He really had no idea how to respond to all these--when Cyra broke up with her boyfriend all he did was hug her. He had a feeling that this wasn't the right thing to do now though, especially since Yuri was just about a complete stranger.

"Well, it's only your first test," he said, deciding not to focus on the topic of her family--it didn't sound fun, and he knew that just talking about it didn't really do much good. "So as long as you get passing grades from now on, it'll be fine.

"Out of all subjects, I'd say that math is my best,"
'Matt' answered, with a small smile. "It's not my favorite, but it's the easiest, since there's only one right answer. If you want, I can tutor you."

Last edited by Karatsu on Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cyuria

Cyuria

PostSubject: Re: Needing a tutor (OPEN)   Needing a tutor (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 8:43 am

Yuri smiled at him...he seemed a little taken aback by her telling him her life story...or most of it....She didn't often open up to strangers so fast......
"I wish I could just get passing grades and be fine but......Lets just say my parents are a little demanding....and unless I wanna go to a 'more acedemicaly focused' school as they say it's only Bs and As for me."

He said math was his best subject and her eyes lit up.
"Really? you'd tutor me? that would be AWSOME! Thanks." She said. She was truely grateful to him,She felt like hugging him but it didn't seem like a good idea to hug a stranger/new tutor.....he seemed very kind though.
She smiled again and tucked her blue curls into a hair scrunchie and pulled it tight.
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

PostSubject: Re: Needing a tutor (OPEN)   Needing a tutor (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 12:56 pm

He let out a little chuckle. "Well, this school is supposed to be 'academically focused'." Which, of course, wasn't the case for Whisper Hallow Academy, since the teachers never appeared. A kid's paradise, wasn't it?

"Yeah, I will," he said, smiling at her enthusiasm. "Just don't kill me if I make mistakes, since those are possible for me, too."

"What days are you available? I can go to your dorm, or vice versa, whatever you prefer." Truthfully he'd find it weird if she actually had a single day where she wasn't available.
Back to top Go down
Cyuria

Cyuria

PostSubject: Re: Needing a tutor (OPEN)   Needing a tutor (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am

Yuri smiled "Key words 'supposed to be'"

"I'm available any time any day of any week of any month and so on..." She laughed and smiled at him "You can come to my dorm I can go to your dorm....I'm VERY flexible." She grinned and said "Anytime anyplace....At the moment I am 'Lifeless"" She smiled again and rolled her eyes at herself
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

PostSubject: Re: Needing a tutor (OPEN)   Needing a tutor (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 7:39 am

"True," he said, cracking a small smile. Their school really couldn't be called a school, could it?

"Alright." He paused, a moment's hesitation or so, then decided to approach a . "I'm not too familiar with the girl's dorm, so can you come over to my dorm instead? Whenever you feel like it, though there's a chance that I'm not in the dorm so if that's the case, you can just call me."

He took his cellphone out of his pocket then, offering it to her so she could put her number in.
Back to top Go down
Cyuria

Cyuria

PostSubject: Re: Needing a tutor (OPEN)   Needing a tutor (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 1:31 pm

Yuri smiled at him, "Perfect what's your dorm number?"
She took his cell phone and put her number in it smiling as she entered it slowly.

then she offered him her phone to put his number in smiling as she held it out to him.
"I only have one number in it so far,your number will make it two!" She said happily smiling.
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

PostSubject: Re: Needing a tutor (OPEN)   Needing a tutor (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 12:49 am

"Dorm 45, in the males, of course," 'Matt' answered as he watched her enter her number. This was the first time he had offered to do something like this before--was he just feeling generous again?

"Oh? Who's the other contact?" he asked as he entered his own number into Yuri's cellphone. Yes, he could check himself, but he didn't really feel like it; one, he would have to squint, cause of his eyesight, and two, he probably already knew this person.

He handed the phone back to her with a slight smile.
Back to top Go down
Cyuria

Cyuria

PostSubject: Re: Needing a tutor (OPEN)   Needing a tutor (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 12:23 pm

"Cyra Redfield. We met after class,in the pool." She said smiling.
She screeched slightly as a wasp landed on her head,it appeared to be angry,she watched it carefully hopeing it would fly away,but it didn't. she didn't like wasps and they didn't like her either,this could be bad for her...
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

PostSubject: Re: Needing a tutor (OPEN)   Needing a tutor (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 1:57 pm

'Matt' blinked. Cyra? Oh, so she met Cyra? That means that she actually still attends this school. he thought, letting out a quiet sigh. He hadn't seen his close friend in a while, which made him wonder if they were even all that 'close'. Oh well.

His thoughts were interrupted by a screech, and he blinked as Yuri suddenly tensed. What?

"What is it?" he asked, squinting. He couldn't see what was troubling her--oh. What appeared to be a yellow fuzz above her head actually turned out to be a wasp.

The junior blinked once before swiping a hand above her head. The back of his hand hit the tiny creature, sending it flying away; 'Matt' didn't like killing stuff, even bugs, so he took care not to slam it, just brush it aside.

The wasp replied by stinging his hand (he frowned in response) before angrily buzzing away.
Back to top Go down
Cyuria

Cyuria

PostSubject: Re: Needing a tutor (OPEN)   Needing a tutor (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 2:17 pm

He seemed to be thinking hard for a second,then he hit the wasp sending it flying but not killing it,it came back angry and stung his hand,the little wasp flew away angrily.
"Thanks! That thing could've killed me...no seriously i'm deathly alergic." She said.

she took his hand and looked at it where the small wasp had stung him and pulled out her speical wasp sting medicine out of her purse and put some on his hand. "That might help." She said,giving him a small smile before saying "You're not alergic are you?" she freaked over wasp stings even tiny ones,she had almost died from a wasp sting when she was 7 so even seeing one made her jumpy.
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

PostSubject: Re: Needing a tutor (OPEN)   Needing a tutor (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:07 pm

"Oh?" Was all he could let out. What, did he just save her life? Well, there was no guarantee that it would've stung her, but he that he brushed some danger aside (literally).

"I'm glad that it didn't it didn't sting you, then," he said as she applied medicine on the sting. Tthe pain wasn't bothering him in the slightest, as he had felt much worse. It seemed like nice compensation for getting the wasp to go away.

"Nah, I don't have any allergies."
Back to top Go down
Cyuria

Cyuria

PostSubject: Re: Needing a tutor (OPEN)   Needing a tutor (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Yuri smiled at him "Good,I'm kinda all crazy when it comes to wasps." She said laughing at her caution and smiling her eyes gleeming in the sunlight.
She leaned over and kissed his cheek "Thanks again." she said smiling brightly,and putting the medicine back in her purse.

then she looked up in the sky almost wistfully as if she could see something beyond the clouds and the pale blue sky the sun was burning hot today and was bright but she stared at the sky as if it was dull and it didn't hurt her eyes to stare at the sun. "I used to stare at the Sky all the time,As if we could escape this world and go into another better one..." Then she laughed,she didn't know why she had said that,it had nothing to do with wasp stings or Math homework but she always said the most random things.
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

PostSubject: Re: Needing a tutor (OPEN)   Needing a tutor (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 11:13 pm

"N-No problem," he stammered back when she suddenly kissed his cheek in thanks. Wow, he never got one of those before, never. Well, of course he had by his mother--wow, he sounded like such a wimp when he said that, even if now he would just love to have his mother kiss his cheek again.

Gah, bad thoughts, bad thoughts. He focused back to Yuri, who was looking up at the sky. He listened her words with a rather vacant expression before looking up at the sky himself. The sunlight hit his sensitive eye harshly, and he used a hand to shield it from its glaze, listening to her words.

'Matt' contemplated them for a moment, wondering how to reply. "Really? I always thought that the sky was proof enough that this world is beautiful."

That was, until his vision was taken away from him. The heavens above were now a mass blur of blue, only blue. He couldn't see the shapes in the clouds.

"I mean... When I was little I thought that the sky was a giant canvas, and a painter better than da Vinci or Raphael took care of his painting every day, adding new strokes to make the clouds move and changing its colors. It was all so pretty."

He looked away from the sky at the last sentence, lowering his hand and looking at it rather blankly. It took a few seconds to regain composure, and he looked back at her and smiled. "Still is, really."
Back to top Go down
Cyuria

Cyuria

PostSubject: Re: Needing a tutor (OPEN)   Needing a tutor (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 12:04 am

Yuri smiled absent mindedly as she stared at the clouds "I never thought about it that way,I always thought that the sky was proof that there was a world maybe even more beautiful than this one..A sky more beautiful than this if that's even possible, and a world where maybe hopes and dreams would become reality for more than just the lucky people."
She continued to stare at the clouds there where all different ones it was a sight many people didn't appreciate anymore.
"Wow...my mom used to tell me when I was a little girl that the clouds where dreams drifting away from the dreamer just out of reach so when we woke we would be reminded everyday of what you drempt and other people drempt,and some day when we went to heaven we would see all our dreams again and remember them and know what they all meant." She smiled remembering her mom happy before she was so sad..she missed her back home.
"But my Dad told me that it was just fog and it would all drift away and I'd never see it again...i was like 4 or 5 then." She smiled at the memory.
"I remember crying for hours because of that,then my Mom told me my dad was insane and went and yelled at him." She smiled and laughed again.
Still looking toward the heavens wishing she could mealt into the clouds.
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

PostSubject: Re: Needing a tutor (OPEN)   Needing a tutor (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 7:15 pm

How could there be a sky more beautiful? 'Matt' attempted to think of such a scenery, but failed. Not only was the human mind limited to mostly what it knows, but also because he just couldn't believe that there's a better sky out there.

He glanced toward her as she retold the story that her mother said. Dreams? Were clouds dreams? The junior looked back up at the sky, and couldn't help but to smile slightly as she told him how her wonderful vision was crushed. Funny, how a memory from the past that was horrible can just make you smile.

"Who knows, maybe they are dreams. Just because it's scientifically water doesn't mean that it can't be something else as well," he said, shrugging. "That's a really nice story though, your mom sounds nice."

He sat down by her textbook, still looking at the sky with a thoughtful expression.
Back to top Go down
Cyuria

Cyuria

PostSubject: Re: Needing a tutor (OPEN)   Needing a tutor (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 8:10 pm

Yuri glanced back at the sky,And thought about the story her mom used to tell her,it could be true,Couldn't it?

"Maybe they are dreams,but if the clouds are our good dreams then wouldn't are bad dreams have to be somewhere?" She thought hard about that, "Maybe our bad dreams don't make it to the sky,Or maybe they never leave our minds." She shrugged
"I really should,Take up Biology,That's about clouds and stuff right?" She asked,she was already taking it though.
"Wait....Is that the class with the fish?" She asked looking at him now
"I think I...Umm...'missed' that class." She had skipped Bio class since she got to this school and the teacher was probably getting upset that she hadn't showed up.
"Yeah my mom is nice,but I haven't talked to her in a while." She said sounding a little sad,
"I hope she's ok." She said softly. She hoped the baby was ok to,She remembered She forgot when it was going to be born.... "I really should call her later." She said but she probably wouldn't,Because her Stepdad would probably answer the phone and she really didn't want to talk to him,He was Ok but he wasn't her dad,Even though sometimes she wished he were her real dad.

He sat beside her,and she smiled,Then glanced back up at the sky,it really was mesmerizing.
Back to top Go down
Karatsu
Admin
Karatsu

PostSubject: Re: Needing a tutor (OPEN)   Needing a tutor (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 10:14 am

[color=brown]"The latter works, though they might be storm clouds as well. That'd explain quite a bit, maybe rain happens when the clouds can't hold the bad memories anymore. As they fall through the stratosphere, they cleanse themselves, thus giving us water.

He blinked at her question, raising his eyebrows. What? Clouds in biology? Fish?

He laughed quietly. "No, biology is the study of life. Fish do fit that section, but not only that. I'm not exactly sure what branch clouds are in, but I might have to say physical science, as it deals with the states of matter and the water cycle."

'Matt' trailed off upon realizing how boring that sounded and listened. "Hm? But.. If she's pregnant, then you should check on her at the least." As far as 'Matt' knew from what she had told him, her family wasn't going all that well; and to top it off, she wasn't talking to them?
Back to top Go down
Cyuria

Cyuria

PostSubject: Re: Needing a tutor (OPEN)   Needing a tutor (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 4:03 pm

"Hmmm,Maybe...that could be a debatable issue." She said in response to his theory about rain clouds,she herself thought it was a great theory.

She listened as he laughed then answered her. "Oh..I try not to get to uhh interested in science..and school in general...Although it's boring enough so it's not really hard to stay un-interested." Then thought for a moment "Ohhh..I must already have biology...I went to one class and they were disecting fish so I didn't exactly go back...I was not touching a dead fish." She said and then laughed mentally at herself, When did she become such a girly girl?

Yuri realized how bad it sounded that she hadn't even called her pregnant mother in a while,or even at least texted her "Yeah..I should call...But my family is uhh very complicated.." She then went on to explain "I had another sister but she died at birth..Fluid in her lungs.." She trailed off at the painful memory but continued "Then my parents split..they had never been very close but,It was like they hated eachother after Mary died,then my mom remarried.My dad moved to I don't know where...but I think he's in China right now...with one of his 'secretarys'...I only see him a couple times a year..and he likes it that way.I'm not very close with any of them,but it's not like I was before anyway..." She realized she had just poured al that out on him "Sorry...I didn't mean to just dump my life story on you." She said feeling apologetic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Needing a tutor (OPEN)   Needing a tutor (OPEN) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Needing a tutor (OPEN)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next