Whisper Hallow Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whisper Hallow Academy

Welcome to Whisper Hallow Academy, The Boarding High School of your Dreams!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Remember to put all your creations into a Completed Character topic!
Once your Completed Character has been approved you may begin RPing!

Just got in (open)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Kitty

Kitty

Just got in (open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just got in (open)   Just got in (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:25 pm

Sarah-Rose smiled. 'That is a random fact. I wonder why that is though. Music has become almost as much of a neccessaity as food.' She thought aloud. 'I shall remember that for whenever Im in trouble.' She giggled and watched him as he served out the food. 'Have you ever considered becoming a chef rather than a principle?' She asked.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth

Kenneth

PostSubject: Re: Just got in (open)   Just got in (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 7:45 pm

Kenneth finished cooking and laid the food on the table. He laughed a little and said, “Yeah, but I think it’s because there are only a few people that are really good at rapping, but there are so many fancy, high dollar restaurants in the U.S. alone, and the head chefs get paid more than others.” He placed a plate in front of Sarah-Rose and one around the corner of the table for himself. “Oh no, not me.” he said quickly, “I can’t be rushed all the time at a job, that’s more of my uncles job. In fact, he owns a fancy restaurant here in town not too far from the school. He’s a really nice guy and lets me get one of the more expensive tables for less than most tables in a normal restaurant.” He smiled, "maybe I could take you there and try his cooking and compare how much better he is than me. But yeah, I’ve wanted to be a teacher, then principal most my life.”
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Just got in (open)   Just got in (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 11:16 pm

'Thats true. It must be a stressful job too, with so many people who enjoy eating out.' Sarah-Rose nodded. She smiled. 'I'd like that.' She picked up a forkful of food and ate it. 'Mmm, I doubt if you're Uncle could be much better than this.' She told him. 'What did you teach before you became Principle?' She asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth

Kenneth

PostSubject: Re: Just got in (open)   Just got in (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 12:20 am

Kenneth smiled, “I’ve been told I’m good, but I know that I don’t know anywhere near as much as my uncle when it comes to adding seasoning and mixtures of different foods.” He then took a bite and swallowed, before continuing, “Actually today I’ve mixed my favorite seasoning with my favorite meat and favorite dish; garlic salt, shrimp, and spaghetti.” Kenneth looked at Sarah-Rose as he thought about what all he taught. “First, I taught a chemistry class, but I didn’t find it to my liking, so I tried an algebra class, they were disrespectful and too perverted for my liking of students so I moved the next year to teach a free for all writing class. Sadly, I didn’t have any students with any form of imagination and everyone in my class fell asleep. I had a hard time getting my students interested in my classes, so I tried government with a cool idea I got from some kids I overheard when I was young about a teacher doing role playing as a class grade. So I looked it over and wanted to try it.” He started laughing as he remembered some of the games they played in there. “I had a lot of fun watching the students create and destroy governments every day. I’m they learned more by acting it out than by reading it from a book.” He stopped and took another bite.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Just got in (open)   Just got in (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 1:09 am

Sarah-Rose listened. 'It sounds like Government was fun.' She smiled. She glanced over at him. 'Would you teach me to write well?' She asked him softly. She had been writing for a long time, always writing something on a peice of scrap paper. Back in the orphanage she'd have stacks of scrap paper hidden away so no one would take them away from her. They were all in her bag now, waiting until she was given a dorm so she could unpack.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth

Kenneth

PostSubject: Re: Just got in (open)   Just got in (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 7:51 pm

Kenneth smiled at the question, “I would be happy to, but I may only be able to give you tips here and there. My teaching puts even the best students to sleep,” He said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. “I think your writing may be better than you give credit for. Do you have any stories or writings with you?” He asked before taking another bite.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Just got in (open)   Just got in (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 11:14 pm

Sarah-Rose smiled. 'Thank you sir. I'm sure you wont send me to sleep sir, I'd be far to interested in what you had to say.' She nodded. 'Yes sir, just in my bag. Do you want me to show you after lunch?' She asked.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth

Kenneth

PostSubject: Re: Just got in (open)   Just got in (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 11:54 pm

“That would be great,” Kenneth said with a smile on his face before taking another bite and swallowing. “I’m grateful to have such interested students in what I have to say. But I must warn you, it’s been some time, I may be a bit rusty” he said with a laugh in his voice. He looked over at Sarah-Roses plate and noticed her was getting low on food on it. “Would you like some more food over there?” He asked with a kind smile. “I can’t wait to read your work.”
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Just got in (open)   Just got in (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 7:58 am

Sarah-Rose smiled. 'Im sure you'll be fine.' She glanced down at her plate and shook her head. 'No thank you, I'm full anyway.' She finished her last mouthful and picked up her plate. She took it through to the kitchen and began washing it up. 'My works really not all that impressive.' She told him.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth

Kenneth

PostSubject: Re: Just got in (open)   Just got in (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 2:49 pm

Kenneth jumped up to help Sarah-Rose, “You don’t have to clean up. You’re my guest, here I’ll finish up and that should give you some time to get one of your papers out.” He said with a smile, as he began picking up.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Just got in (open)   Just got in (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 11:18 pm

Sarah-Rose smiled. 'It's fine really.' She reassured him. 'OK, I'll get them out now.' She dryed her hands on a towel and went over and pulled out one of her standalones and placed it on the table for him to Read

Fairytale Got Twisted And Decayed

No one could understand it. There was nothing wrong. No abuse. No bullying. Nothing that could have upset her. She was a happy, bubbly girl. Always found the silver lining. Nothing was ever too much trouble. Always had a shoulder free to cry on. Always had time for a friend.

And yet there she lay.

No one called her names. No one left a bruise on her skin. No one wanted her to ever go away. She was the girl that Disney had made movies about. The perfect, wonderful girl who got the prince. Had two blonde haired children and lived happily ever after

But she didn't get her happy ever after.

Her fairytale became twisted and decayed. She was a perfect daughter. A parent's blessing. An angel in disguise.

So why does she now lie on the floor? Lying behind a locked door? Lying on the broken glass of a destroyed reflection? A bloody knife, drying in the sun, held in her loose grip. Scars of the fatal secret she never told. Magazines of supermodels, stick thin, blemish free, airbrushed so they weren't anything like the original picture.

Her dreams and ambitions came crashing down as soon as she saw she gained a pound of weight. A pound closer to being too big to be a model.

Not all fairy-tales have happy endings.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth

Kenneth

PostSubject: Re: Just got in (open)   Just got in (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 1:30 am

Kenneth finished cleaning up and walked over and sat on the couch next to Sarah-Rose to read her writings. As he read it he saw a few grammar mistakes but nothing more than he would make when he free wrote. “You have a good idea with this. Is the story intended to be short or do you want to make it extended? Umm, there are a few grammar mistakes, but to keep what you have I’m not too good at fixing grammar errors, sorry.” He reached in the side of the couch between the pillow and end of the couch and pulled out a pin. “I knew I had a pin in here” he said with a laugh. He read over it again and thought for a moment.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Just got in (open)   Just got in (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 5:59 am

Sarah-Rose listened to him. 'Yes it is, its a standalone, short story. I'm not surprised about the grammar, I'm not great with it, though part of it might be that I'm English so use English grammar, but you sound american so our grammar is different. But i might be wrong. I'm sorry rambling.' She blushed. She watched him curiously 'Whats the pin for?'
Back to top Go down
Kenneth

Kenneth

PostSubject: Re: Just got in (open)   Just got in (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 10:50 am

Kenneth had a strong since of concentration for his situation. As he listened to Sarah-Rose kindly ramble on, giving him useful information to go by, he couldn’t think of any way to edit or make her paper better. “No, your ‘rambling’ helps, it’s ok. I was thinking the pin would be for making small marks on your paper but I don’t see how I could make this better.” He looked at her with a small smile, not to show any sadness from the story. “It’s a good story Sarah-Rose, I’m sorry I can’t make this one better, or fix anything. Umm, the pin… I already explained the pin, didn’t I?" Kenneth chuckled a little bit. "The grammar mistakes are more of just the sentence structure being different from what I’m used to seeing. I was never allowed to have a two or three word sentence in my writings."
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Just got in (open)   Just got in (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 1:17 am

Sarah-Rose nodded and blushed. 'Oh, well thank you anyway. I was taught to use short sentences to create tension and suspense. I suppose it depends who you're being taught by.' Sarah-Rose suggested shrugging.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth

Kenneth

PostSubject: Re: Just got in (open)   Just got in (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:52 am

Kenneth smiled at Sarah-Rose, “Yeah, I was taught by strict but dumb and boring English teachers all the way from first grade.” He chuckled. “I really like your story though. It has a great idea to it, I hope to read more in the near future."
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Just got in (open)   Just got in (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 7:35 am

Sarah-Rose giggled. 'Im sure they werent that bad. Especially if they managed to qualify as teachers.' She blushed. 'Thank you. Maybe when I get a dorm you can read some more.'
Back to top Go down
Kenneth

Kenneth

PostSubject: Re: Just got in (open)   Just got in (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 9:32 am

“I don’t know, but most of my teachers didn’t even know how to spell. I know they intentionally misspelled some sentences for us to figure fix, but when they are writing something up on the board and they have eight or nine words misspelled and they have to go back and fix them in the middle of class as the students point out to them that they misspelled so and so wrong.” Kenneth looked down as he remembered one of them, “actually one of the teachers were asked the question of why she couldn’t spell then another commented, answering for her, ‘cause my mom dropped me when I was a baby,’ and she left the room in tears. She had a baby sister when she was 4 and she got to hold her, but she accidently dropped her at the edge of the stairs at her house and the corners of the steps killed her.” Kenneth said quietly to himself and waited a few seconds before changing the subject. “Anyways that’s enough of my past! Do you have a dorm yet?”
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Just got in (open)   Just got in (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 1:31 am

Sarah-Rose listened as he told her about one of the incidents with one of his teachers. 'Oh thats horrible! I guess the students didn't know but still!' She could see it made Kenneth upset and she wanted to hug him but fought the temptation, he probably wouldn't have liked it. She was just a student after all. Instead she just patted his arm sympathetically. 'No not yet.'
Back to top Go down
Kenneth

Kenneth

PostSubject: Re: Just got in (open)   Just got in (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 1:56 am

He put his hand over on hers as she patted him and smiled at her. “Thanks,” was the only word he could think of to say to her. Kenneth thought it was strange that Sarah-Rose didn’t have a dorm yet, but unfortunately he didn’t have the authority to give one as her own. “Well that’s not right” he said with a mixed thought of a few different subjects, some less appropriate than others, but he continued anyways. “I doubt even I’m aloud to give you this option, but you’re welcome to stay here until your dorm is prepared for you to move into it.” He hoped she wouldn’t be discouraged or get the feeling that he was trying to take advantage of her, seeing that he is the principal and she is a student.
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Just got in (open)   Just got in (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 1:59 am

Sarah-Rose smiled. 'Really? Thank you sir, thats very kind of you.' The fact he was a principle escaped her mind momentarily as he showed her kindness. 'I'm sure I wont have to bother you for long.' She reaussred him
Back to top Go down
Kenneth

Kenneth

PostSubject: Re: Just got in (open)   Just got in (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 2:34 am

Kenneth nodded and smiled as he told her, “You can stay as long as you want, I’ll do what I can to help you get yourself a dorm as well.” He got up to show her the places she could sleep. "Here, let me show you your options on where you can sleep while you’re here” he said in a kind and excited voice. “You can sleep either in here on the couch, or I have a love seat in my room you could sleep on. I also have a nice sleeping bag and you could sleep on the floor. Or what I recommend to you is to take my bed and I’ll sleep in one of the other places.” He smile got bigger as he told her he could sleep on his bed while he slept somewhere else.

(I’ll see about getting your dorm tomorrow, sorry for the inconvenience. The moderators haven’t been on lately.)
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Just got in (open)   Just got in (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 1:18 am

Sarah-Rose followed Kenneth round as he showed her where she could sleep. She shook her head. 'No sir, I couldn't kick you out of your own bed. I'll sleep on the love seat, that'll do me.' She smiled.

(Thank you. I guessed they hadn't or had a bunch load of other stuff they needed to do first.)
Back to top Go down
Kenneth

Kenneth

PostSubject: Re: Just got in (open)   Just got in (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:36 pm

Kenneth smiled, “please make you at home here for the night. Tomorrow we can go get your dorm in order.” Kenneth felt more like he was talking to an old friend than a student at this point. “Oh would you need anything? You don’t have anything other than your bag with you; do you have any sleep over items in there?”

(Actually, there was a small fight with the admin and mod, and a few of the mod’s friends a few months ago and the admin decided to forget about everything and stopped rping on here… so technically this place is dead, but we are still here. And because I know the admin personally she gave me her pw and I’m soon to be the admin and I’ll do what I can to make this place just as good as it was before they left, or better, but a I doubt that lol)
Back to top Go down
Kitty

Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Just got in (open)   Just got in (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 11:00 am

Sarah-Rose nodded. 'Yeah I have a few things in there. Always do, just in case. Thank you, this is very kind of you.' She smiled and set her things by the loveseat.

(oh thats a shame for them but great for you! I'm glad someones trying to keep this alive!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got in (open)   Just got in (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just got in (open)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next